• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There Is A Bug In My ROOM!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:49 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

Yeah, so Brennan is scared of bugs.  OK, ok, so "scared" doesn't even begin to describe it, but I digress. 

I'm in the living room when I hear, "MOMMA!  {unable to understand what he's saying}!"

"What?!" I ask.   "There's {still don't know what he's saying}!!!"  So I go to his room to find out what's going on.  His little toes are curled up under his feet, his feet are under his little bottom, he's hunkered as far back in the corner of the rocker that he can be (that is in the corner of his room, mind you).  "Mommy!  There. Is. A. BUG. In. My.  ROOM!"   I ask, "Where?"  He pointed and said, "OVER THERE!"  There was a mosquito hawk (aka galliniper) in the middle of his floor.  I said, "Well come here then."  Two steps and he is OUT of his room!!  I'm laughing so hard I can't do anything about it so I go outside to get my husband.  He wonders why I can't get it and through my hysterical laughter all I can get out is, "I'm dyin' here!"  So James goes into Brennan's room, I pick Brennan up and head to the room.  James is asking where the bug is as I try to walk in the room with Brennan while telling James where it is.  As I'm walking through the door, OUT goes his hand and catches the doorway.  So I try again and OUT goes a foot and catches the doorway.  He is DETERMINED that I am NOT taking him into his room!  Finally I get everything situated and get just inside the doorway and James says, "It flew."  IMMEDIATELY Brennan clutches me a little tighter.  I asked James where the bug went and he said, "Behind the door."  (We were Right beside the door.)  I'm about to look behind the door and something catches my eye.  I look up, Bren notices and looks up to.  Guess what's right above us?  That's right!  The Bug!!   Commence the *SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER*, clinging, clawing, trying to scramble out of the room...by none other than....Brennan!  So I sit him on the couch in the living room and I go back in while James is in the bedroom laughing and trying to catch The Bug.  I go back in the room and James tells me, "I can't find it."  "WHAT?!  What do you mean you can't find it?!"I say.  He said, "I don't know where it went!  I lost track of it!"  Now I'm thinking, "Crap.  NOW what am I gonna do with Brennan?"  AH-HA!  "James," I said,"Just cup your hands together like you caught it and you can 'take it outside' and 'let it go!'"  He didn't think it would work...but it was worth a shot!  So he cupped his hands and I went to open the front door.  As James was walking past Brennan (who was still on the couch waiting for The Bug to be GONE) James goes towards Bren and says, "I got it!  Wanna see it?"  Brennan's response is, "NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as he almost flips backwards over the back of the couch!  So James "let's The Bug go" outside and all is right with the world, right? 

Wrong.  Brennan refused to go back into his room AT ALL.  He fell asleep in my bed.  The cat actually caught (and ate) The Bug.  I moved Bren to his bed.  And NOW all is right with the world again!  :)

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
farm_mom
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Our kids are great, aren't they?  Glad the bug is gone though.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)