Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zhu Zhu Pets

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 582 Total Views

Hi ladies. I've come across several accessories and can't decide if I want to list them now or wait until closer to christmas. Right now the hamsters (which I only have one of) are averaging about $25 on ebay while retail is only $8 at Walmart. I know as it get's closer to Christmas demand will go up... so long as supply is limited. Should I list now and not risk it? Or should I risk it by waiting a couple of weeks to list for an opportunity to make a lot more money?

What would you do?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marusia1052
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Can you do both? I'd sell what I could now, then keep selling while you're able to. If you can't sell them, just return them. They might look at you kinda funny when you return a bunch of hamsters though. :P

Pregnancy ticker

chrisnjoesmom
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I'm sorta new to this but I would wait, I am thinking once Thanksgiving is over things like that will go way up.

nbr1sahm
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

I'm sorta new to this but I would wait, I am thinking once Thanksgiving is over things like that will go way up.

That's sort of what I was thinking. Do you think if I schedule a 3 day auction to start on Thanksgiving to end the Sunday after Black Friday... I'll bet I'd see a huge return. 

Hmmm....

marusia1052
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Or you could do a buy it now at 75 bucks? I didn't even know what a zhu zhu pet was. lol Now I wish I had known about them!

Pregnancy ticker

Acestagemom
by Bata Team on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Quoting marusia1052:

Or you could do a buy it now at 75 bucks? I didn't even know what a zhu zhu pet was. lol Now I wish I had known about them!

I had to look this up too. What a hoot. I would sell some now and than keep listing from Thanksgiving on if you have that many. I agree return what doesn't sell.

Do the actual hamsters sell better than the accessories?

marusia1052
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Apparently they do, but good luck finding any of anything lol. I drove to walmart in another county looking for them...They have been sold out of everything. Apparently they are an import item, so it takes a while to get. Your only chance is to call walmart every night at midnight and see if they got any in...and make a mad dash. Our walmart limited them to 2 a person...

Quoting Acestagemom:

Quoting marusia1052:

I had to look this up too. What a hoot. I would sell some now and than keep listing from Thanksgiving on if you have that many. I agree return what doesn't sell.

Pregnancy ticker

nbr1sahm
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Quoting Acestagemom:

Quoting marusia1052:

There are far fewer hamsters than accessories it seems. I had to go to Walmart at Midnight and stand in line just to get mine. I was limited to two and kept one for DD.

The accessories that are selling best are the Adventure Ball, the Fun House, and the garage it seems...

I only have 5 items to sell, but in comparison, that's actually a lot!

I think I've decided to postpone the auctions until the day before Thanksgiving, run a 3 day, and have it end the day after Black Friday.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

In the mean time, if you are able to get your hands on these little hamsters or their homes (LOL!) buy them! and them sell on Ebay ;-)

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I wouldn't end the listing until Monday or Tuesday. Everyone goes to work Monday morning and spends the entire day trying to find what they couldn't in the stores. I don't think it's called Black Monday, but it does have a name.

If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people.

chrisnjoesmom
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:55 PM

I went to Walmart to pick up my photos and went over to the toy department..... definitely no Zhu Zhu Hamsters or their play lands to be found there!

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:28 AM

These things are only sold at Walmart. There were tons of them at Toy's R Us and they were only about 50 cents more than Walmart. Target was also fully stocked.    

If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)