Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morel Dilemma Question

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

20 years ago my dad died and I inherited his pin back button collection. Of us 4 kids I was the only one who ever really liked it or even looked at it. Well I'm heading towards 60 now and trying to get rid of excess stuff. I have been debating selling the collection through an auction house. Its about 200 pieces of small buttons. Like Dick Tracy and Hop -a-Long Cassidy. Many of them are very collectible and others not so much. I think an auction house would be an easier way to sell than eBay.

So the question is: Do I share the profits with my siblings or just keep it for my self? My parents were not rich people and did not leave much of value. At the time of their deaths we split things amiably and are still close. So keep the profits or split them?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Why not just ask your siblings? 

If you're all close than you can let them decide and that takes the pressure off you. 

My father always says he would rather give up his % of whatever than fight about it with his brothers. If you feel the same way, than you have your answer.

If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people.

Acestagemom
by Bata Team on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Makes sense. Thanks. That was just to damn easy of an answer to think up on my own. LOL

Acestagemom
by Bata Team on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Futher more shouldn't it be a moral dilemma rather than a morel dilemma? Isn't one a problem and the other a mushroom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)