Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know if the Gymboree Red Balloon sale is coming soon?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 612 Total Views

Hi Everyone,

Belated Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!.

I was wondering if anyone knows when Gymboree will be having their Red Balloon Sale. 

I have a couple of Gymbucks and a 20% coupon (the coupon expires end of Jan).  I guess I am hoping the sale will be during Gymbucks time.

Otherwise I may as well venture to the store and spend the Gymbucks now.

Thanks in advance.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SkroveMomma
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 7:24 AM

it started at the end of december!

and gymbucks expire on Sunday!

Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Yep it's been going on for a few weeks.....I was just there two days ago, myself.

Personally though Gymboree's sales do not impress me.  An outfit going from $27 to $21 does not a sale make....lol and woooo spend $250 and get $5 in gymbucks?  Big whoop-de-do.  Yes, many lines are adorable but Gymboree is extremely overpriced.  I buy it used but in EUC from Thrift shops, yard sales, consignment shops and CL to resell or for my kids, but I rarely buy anything from the store itself.  I just don't see how anyone can go to their sales and make a profit when their sale prices are only a couple of bucks off the original price. 

Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:50 AM

WELCOME BACK!!

Just had to say that, I have nothing to add.
My girls are to gross to invest in gymboree. I buy Wal-mart and Target clothing - the clothing doesn't have to last longer than a month - because by the end of a month even stain guard isn't guarding any longer.

If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people.

SkroveMomma
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM

i was of the same opinion as mom2jack for awhile and would only buy my gymbo from yard sales and eBay, but then in November they were having a 30% everything online, including sale items and I had a 20% plus free shipping so long story short I bought over 30 pcs for about $250 which is less than $10 an item brand new, but it was for my daughter. I then just sold my Gymbucks for $40 making my total $210 and I will be able to sell all of the clothes when she grows out of them so I dunno about a profit but they will be almost as cheap as if I just bought and threw away Carter's or Target brands. Plus I feel like they are quality and so they last longer. DD is only 4 mos old so she doesn't really get dirty yet :-) I still love getting stuff at the outlet and ebay b/c cupcake cutie and candy shoppe are my 2 favorite lines!

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM

lol my girls find ways to make mud pies inside in the winter! lol There are crayons, finger paints, mac and cheese and that's just before noon.

All that is just too much work for me, I go with the $3 pair of stretchy pants sold beside the bulk diapers. At this age I've given up on quality - I'm for quick, cheap and disposable lol
When my first child was small I was all about GAP! She had a closet full of GAP and Old Navy. I haven’t seen a GAP label unless it’s 90% off since she became a self feeder. Plus, I find they grow out of quality outfits as fast as the $3 stretchy pants.

But that’s just me. If you’re looking for stuff to sell – the sales are great and many people aren’t like me, so those are even better buys. LOL 

Quoting SkroveMomma:

i was of the same opinion as mom2jack for awhile and would only buy my gymbo from yard sales and eBay, but then in November they were having a 30% everything online, including sale items and I had a 20% plus free shipping so long story short I bought over 30 pcs for about $250 which is less than $10 an item brand new, but it was for my daughter. I then just sold my Gymbucks for $40 making my total $210 and I will be able to sell all of the clothes when she grows out of them so I dunno about a profit but they will be almost as cheap as if I just bought and threw away Carter's or Target brands. Plus I feel like they are quality and so they last longer. DD is only 4 mos old so she doesn't really get dirty yet :-) I still love getting stuff at the outlet and ebay b/c cupcake cutie and candy shoppe are my 2 favorite lines!

Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Jan. 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM

See i hear stuff like that all the time....got 15-40 pieces and spent HUNDREDS.  Whew, when i find Gymboree at thrift stores or consignment sales i pay no more than $1.50....usually either 75 or 99 cents.  To me 30 pieces at $7-$10 each leaves ZERO room for profit.  I go into Carter's, Old Navy, Gap or The Children's Place and get similiar quality and look items for $4 FULL retail price.  I bought a cute grey sparkly hoodie at Old Navy 50% off for $2 this weekend for Katelyn....those are prices I can be happy about...but Gymborees prices make me want to vomit!

Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Krystallized
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Gymboree is too rich for my blood. LOL. I too shop for a cheap bargain. With that said, eDee, have you checked out TCP Monster sales? I check em' daily, you never know when they'll drop in price. You can always find a code for a certain percentage off searching Google. I just purchased my DD jeans for $4.49 a pair, nice sweaters for the same price....$5 flat rate shipping for standard delivery no matter how big nor small the order. (Usually received within 5 days)

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Got a link? Post an affiliate link if you like!

I love Old Navy, but I've never purchased anything for more than $5!

Quoting Krystallized:

Gymboree is too rich for my blood. LOL. I too shop for a cheap bargain. With that said, eDee, have you checked out TCP Monster sales? I check em' daily, you never know when they'll drop in price. You can always find a code for a certain percentage off searching Google. I just purchased my DD jeans for $4.49 a pair, nice sweaters for the same price....$5 flat rate shipping for standard delivery no matter how big nor small the order. (Usually received within 5 days)

Sharron_
by Bata Team on Jan. 19, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Audra taught me well!!

I usually shop the clearance rack and the odd time have paid nearly full price for something at Gymboree (a dress for Holly comes to mind and she hasn't even worn it!!).

But I don't find Gymboree that expensive if you have a coupon and do the clearance section.  I was buying some tops and dresses for Holly in the summer for $7.99 and less and then using a 20% coupon too.

The Sales Tax here is the crucifier though.   It's 8.25% and 9.25% depending which Gymbo I shop at. 

I can't buy it to resell though....cause Holly keeps getting in my bag and then wears the stuff!!.

As for Gap...I find that more expensive then Gymboree.  But they have some nice things in there.  So what am I doing wrong with Gap.

Also thanks for letting me know about the sale at Gymbo...I guess i've been busy and must of missed the email. 

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Its the same idea at GAP, but I don't buy GAP any longer unless its a really good sale.
I stick to what will last several weeks, not months.
Let me give you an example, today Keira got up, ate breakfast, got dressed. Somehow she hid part of her breakfast bar from me and decided to eat it after she got dressed, strawberry all over her top and pants, then we set up the crayons which she had several bites of and colored on her shirt, I just have to say “Mac and Cheese for lunch” and you get the idea. We went outside where you'd think everything was frozen, she went into the playhouse and created mud than some how got it IN TO her snow suit. Once we got back inside we had cool cocoa and we had sketti with sauce for dinner (spaghetti). Keira’s shirt looks like something had been killed and rotted in it and if it wasn’t already soaking in the sink I would have taken a picture of it for you.
Now you are probably thinking “She didn’t change her daughter!” She’s a second child – you stop changing their clothing every 15 minutes about 2 days after you have the second child. That would be 6 outfits today alone. Poop and poison – the only 2 reasons I change their clothing.

Quoting Sharron_:

Audra taught me well!!

As for Gap...I find that more expensive then Gymboree.  But they have some nice things in there.  So what am I doing wrong with Gap.

Also thanks for letting me know about the sale at Gymbo...I guess i've been busy and must of missed the email. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)