Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick question

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:59 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

My husband recently sold some of his old video games on e-bay. All the games were tested before listed and everything worked fine. I got an e-mail the other day from a buyer saying the video game didn't work. I asked him to ship the game back and I'd refund the shipping. I got the game today and the game works fine. We were going to ship another copy of the same game, but now I think something must be wrong with his game console. Should I contact e-bay and let them know the game works? I also want to e-mail the buyer and let him know, but how do I do that without sounding rude. I really don't want negative feedback. Thanks for your help.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Deliamay
by Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Dear [ebayusername],

Thank you for your recent purchase of [video game]. As per our agreement, we took the video game back. We also tested it and noticed it was working fine on our end, which leads us to believe it may be a console issue. While we try to please everyone, we realize this isn't always possible. We'd like to refund your purchase price of [$0.00] plus shipping so that we don't send you another copy, only to have the same thing happen again. Once confirmed that this is satisfactory, the refund will be made via Paypal. Please advise.

Best regards,

[Your Ebay name]

Feel free to tweak, but that's what I would do...and if he disputes it, Ebay will have the records that you tried to be honest and fix the problem. That's what I would do anyways.

Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM

That's exactly what I'd do as well.  Let them know it worked on your end and it may be a console issue as an FYI but still offer the refund.

SkroveMomma
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:58 PM

gosh I hate the politicking you have to do so as to not rub buyers the wrong way. I know the customer is always right blah blah blah but sometimes I just wanna tell them to POUND SAND!!!!!

But I would do as the ladies above me suggested :-)

Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Yeah sometimes I'd really love to curse them out..... ok now: Back in the good ole days of eBay I've had negative feedback from buyers over stupid crap and we've had lovely conversation in which several nasty 4 letter words were said by both parties...back them nothing ebay could do about it.  Sometimes it's fun to go way back on my feedback and read those negatives and remember fondly the morons i've dealt with.

audraedandeddie
by Bata Team on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Excellent responce.  Very well written and polite!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)