• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:58 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

when selling used children's clothes is it better to have a lot of items posted  together or sell them individually?  What about football jerseys would you do them seperatly or list them together they are the same size and there are 5 of them from different teams?  What do you usually start the bidding at on used items?

rogue35

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I only sell name brand items individually....gymboree and ralph lauren as two exmaples.  I only sell those items in small lots if they have matching items, such as a gymboree dress with a matching hat and tights.  If the name brand item isn't in EUC but may have a little more wear to them I'll put them in as lot with same sized seasonal items and still list that brand name in the title to help draw bids.

I start the bidding depending on what i paid for it and what I want for it.  I get a lot of my used baby and kid's clothes from thrift stores and yard sales....so if I paid $2 for an item I'll start the bidding at 3.99 or so.  If I only spent 99 cents on it I try to list it at that to again help draw bids, but that doesn't always work.  So always start the bidding at a price you are willing to accept if you only get one bidder.

Football jerseys I would list indivualy and make sure the team and players name is in the title.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)