Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

Do you think it is best to open a ebay store or just list items?  If Items how many do you list per week?  On shipping do you do flat rate or just box everything up and pay at the post office?  Do you all do well selling on Ebay?  At this time I have boys swim truncks would you do them separately or try to get more items to list with them?  I am thinking it is better to list a group of items as opposed to just one thing?  Well anyway what do you think?  Is it good to do toys?

rogue35

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Acestagemom
by Bata Team on May. 26, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Quoting Rogue35:

Do you think it is best to open a ebay store or just list items? How many items do you have? If only a few than listing is the best choice. If you have lots of items 150 or more and you are going to list lots of items every week than a store is a good idea.

If Items how many do you list per week? Everyone is different. Some list hundreds a week and some only a few items. I range between 10 and 50 a week. Depends on what I have, how much time I have and the time of year.

On shipping do you do flat rate or just box everything up and pay at the post office? I can not stress enough, BUY A SCALE! This will save you lots of time and more importantly money. They are cheap to buy on Ebay. I rarely use flat rate as it is pretty expensive and priority is usually cheaper. Also many ladies selling clothes suggest you ship in tyvek envelopes as they weigh less and still protect the clothes. Again these can be bought on Ebay.

Do you all do well selling on Ebay? Depends on who you ask and what time of year. If you are hoping to make it rich and pay for the house, the car and a fancy vacation...forget it. Most likely you will start with items you have around the house and have some small success. This will get you hooked on Ebay. If you want to really make money you need to find a niche that you know well and sell in that area. By that I mean something you know like kids clothes or makeup or toys or.....

At this time I have boys swim truncks would you do them separately or try to get more items to list with them?  I am thinking it is better to list a group of items as opposed to just one thing? I strongly suggest you read the post: Selling children's clothing. This will answer all your questions about selling clothes. Evan questions you haven't thought of yet!

Well anyway what do you think?  Is it good to do toys? Some will say yes and some wil say no. It depends on the toy and the condition of the toy. Research the toy on Ebay and see if it is selling. That will help you decide if it is worth selling.

Welcome to the group and please feel free to ask questions, no matter how dumb you may think they are . We are all happy to share our knowledge and our successes and failures.

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on May. 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM

What she said.

Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on May. 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM

ITA (I totally agree) personally with the new fee structure if you don't have 200+ items to have listed at all times a store is worthless and costs more than you'll earn.

Yesturday started a week of FREE auction listings (no matter what th starting price is) for those without stores.  So, if you have things like the swim trunks I'd just list them at auction.  I'm going to take advantage of this sale, as long as I can get Katelyn to be happy in her exersaucer or watching Elmo, can't really post well with a wiggling 5 month old in my arms

GreatGeeMa
by Alpha Team on May. 27, 2010 at 11:08 AM

I would like to add 1 thing. I always research what I am trying to sell on ebay. See what the completed items sold for (or if they didn't sell). That gives you a feel for what to start your bidding at.

Good luck and Welcome.

Nancee

Rogue35
by on May. 27, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Thanks for the help and you replies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)