Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever just know something isn't going to get delivered?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:29 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

I printed postage in a room without a light on and it's overcast today. Not that the room was dark, BUT it wasn't as light as I usually have a room.

I printed my postage, clicked OK it looks fine, put the laptop back on the desk and when I went back to the printer - there were lines through my postage tag. I know it's not going to scan, you can see the numbers, but that means someone at USPS is going to have to manually type them in. Ha ha ha, lets hope that person is having a good day and my package doesn't get tossed under the mail truck!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LizsJewelry
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:04 PM

If you haven't dropped it off yet, I would go to the post office and have them scan it to see that it works.

That would give you piece of mind.

Of cource they can always just type in the numbers or read the label for the address.

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:57 PM

If it doesn't scan, they have to hand type it into a little machine. At UPS we had the machines straped to our arm - it was a pain when they wouldn't scan.

Quoting LizsJewelry:

If you haven't dropped it off yet, I would go to the post office and have them scan it to see that it works.

That would give you piece of mind.

Of cource they can always just type in the numbers or read the label for the address.

If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people.

Acestagemom
by Bata Team on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM

You do know you can reprint the label.

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM

UGH! Yes I know! .... i didn't want to admit this, but I didn't notice until I was actually taping it on to the package! So there! lololol

Quoting Acestagemom:

You do know you can reprint the label.

Sharron_
by Bata Team on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Are you trying to get revenge on the mailman that ran over your breast pump!! LOL

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:54 PM

OH REMEMBER THAT!?!? I chased that guy down! He ran from me and the post office just about had me removed! But that was the 3rd or 4th package that month. If you remember they started paying me for my stuff even though it wasn't insured because the couldn't even figure out where my packages were going.

Quoting Sharron_:

Are you trying to get revenge on the mailman that ran over your breast pump!! LOL

Sharron_
by Bata Team on Jun. 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM

You must be selling interesting stuff!! LOL 

Perhaps they had a dodgy mailman.  I remember back in the UK, once there was one postman who had a house full of mail.  (He couldn't be bothered to deliver it!). 

Quoting Works4Mom.com:

OH REMEMBER THAT!?!? I chased that guy down! He ran from me and the post office just about had me removed! But that was the 3rd or 4th package that month. If you remember they started paying me for my stuff even though it wasn't insured because the couldn't even figure out where my packages were going.

Quoting Sharron_:

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jun. 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Many years ago during Christmas the post offices here were finding mail in dumpsters, basements, stuff in trunks. People just weren't deliving the mail.

Quoting Sharron_:

You must be selling interesting stuff!! LOL 

Perhaps they had a dodgy mailman.  I remember back in the UK, once there was one postman who had a house full of mail.  (He couldn't be bothered to deliver it!). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)