Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Claim your payment"? *Edit* I got it figured out!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:35 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

I sold a used cell phone. The auction ended Monday and this morning I checked and I have a PayPal payment. On the 'my eBay' page there is a hour glass and it says "Claim your payment". I click on the "Claim your payment" and it takes me to PayPal, I enter my password and it says nothing about a payment or pending payment. Just 'balance $0.00'. Am I missing something?

He also sent me a 'note' on the payment that asked to send him the serial number from the phone before I ship it. Which I did immediately upon receiving his message.

Thanks so much! : )

**I just got off the phone with PayPal again..and the guy I talked to this time was soooo much nicer and more helpful than the lady I talked to yesterday!! 

What happened is when I had changed my email address and  eBay still auto-insereted the old email address under the payment part of the listing its self..so basically the payment went to a closed/non-exisitant  PayPal account. The PayPal guy was able to get my money from the old account and transfer it to my new account and I can get this guys phone shipped to him today! And I have now learned my lesson and will triple check EVERYTHING that eBay auto-inserts!

Thanks for your help!! : D 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:11 PM

The e-ddress you have in your ebay account is probably different than your paypal account.

You could have used ABC@yahoo.com for eBay and XYZ@yahoo.com for Paypal. PayPal will accept a payment using the e-ddress you have stored in your eBay account then notify you through eBay that you have a payment waiting.

What you don't want is to receive a message from Paypal through your email that tells you to 'claim your payment', than click that link. THAT is called phishing. If that happens you need to change your PayPal password before someone empties all the accounts linked to your Paypal account.

YorkEricaL
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Quoting Works4Mom.com:

The e-ddress you have in your ebay account is probably different than your paypal account.

You could have used ABC@yahoo.com for eBay and XYZ@yahoo.com for Paypal. PayPal will accept a payment using the e-ddress you have stored in your eBay account then notify you through eBay that you have a payment waiting.

What you don't want is to receive a message from Paypal through your email that tells you to 'claim your payment', than click that link. THAT is called phishing. If that happens you need to change your PayPal password before someone empties all the accounts linked to your Paypal account.

Thank you!! I did get the notification through eBay, thank goodness! I did recently change my email so I bed that is what the problem is! So now how to I claim the payment? When I log into PayPal its not there...

YorkEricaL
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I just double checked my email addresses in both eBay and PayPal and they match.

Could it be anything else? It would let me know if it was an eCheck right?

Is there anyway he could have put a hold on the payment until he received the information from me that he requested and he hasn't released it yet?

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I have no idea! Call PayPal and explain it to them. But first, check the email address you have with eBay, but don't change it. Leave everything the way it is so Paypal can fix the mess. If you start changing things money could get lost. After PayPal fixes it, contact your customer and blame eBay! lol

YorkEricaL
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Quoting Works4Mom.com:

I have no idea! Call PayPal and explain it to them. But first, check the email address you have with eBay, but don't change it. Leave everything the way it is so Paypal can fix the mess. If you start changing things money could get lost. After PayPal fixes it, contact your customer and blame eBay! lol

Lol! Thanks! It's so weird..I have never seen that before! I will call them first thing in the morning. 

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Did you get an email from Paypal at all? Usually when people pay you will receive an email from PayPal.

Also, keep in mind that a customer can click "Paid" on there eBay account and it may read Paid on your ebay account. But I've never heard of it telling you to claim your payment.

Want to do this? I'll create a listing on eBay and you can purchase it, but not pay for it. Then click Paid on your eBay account as if you had paid for it. That way we can find out what's going on.

Quoting YorkEricaL:

I just double checked my email addresses in both eBay and PayPal and they match.

Is there anyway he could have put a hold on the payment until he received the information from me that he requested and he hasn't released it yet?

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Hold on, let me open the txt here and we can chat.

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I just sent you a friend request. That way you'll be able to chat and we won't fill up the space here with our back and forth.

YorkEricaL
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Quoting Works4Mom.com:

Did you get an email from Paypal at all? Usually when people pay you will receive an email from PayPal.

Also, keep in mind that a customer can click "Paid" on there eBay account and it may read Paid on your ebay account. But I've never heard of it telling you to claim your payment.

Want to do this? I'll create a listing on eBay and you can purchase it, but not pay for it. Then click Paid on your eBay account as if you had paid for it. That way we can find out what's going on.

Quoting YorkEricaL:

Sorry! im all over the place tonight! No, I never got an email from PapPal, which I thought was weird. 

My husband is just now getting home so i have to heat up his dinner. I will call PayPal in the morning and I will let you know what they say. Thanks for all of your help!!! : )

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I am so sorry. I saw your txt but my router was having pissy fits and I couldn't respond.

Maybe next time!

~e

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)