Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Post Office

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 289 Total Views

Not Ebay related....but I was wondering your thoughts.

My aunt sends a parcel from the UK (Manchester) 3 weeks ago - still not arrived.

My sister sends 2 parcels from the UK (totally different area) - 2 weeks ago - still not arrived.

My husband orders a book online about 2 weeks ago - not arrived. 

I have never had any problems with parcels from the UK or anywhere before not arriving. 

I called the post office and got some dumb reply.

What do you think? and should I complain to someone and if so who?.

I am really miffed my daughter had a pyjamas in the one parcel for xmas.

The valuable parcel I ordered (the one worth nicking!!) arrived.  But it had DC on it. 

Thanks for your thoughts.  

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JeremysMom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I wouldn't be worried just yet. When I lived in Germany, it would take up to 4 weeks for packages to arrive to me or to my parents back in the States around this time of year.

GreatGeeMa
by Alpha Team on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Books ship media and can take extra time, especially this time of year. probably the same with te packages from the UK, Trouble is, the post office is absolutely no help with any foreign packages, they like to blame the other country and don't do much to help. Also, they put you on hold forever. Good luck and I'm sure you'll get you're packages, hopefully before Christmas and a Merry Christmas to you

Nancee

Sharron_
by Bata Team on Dec. 10, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Well I've always been lucky...usually if you mail on a Monday in the Uk it arrives exactly the Monday afterwards (7 days), I guess it's because the flights are to Los Angeles and I live here. 

The postman did say however if they have ended up on a flight to Chicago or NY....god knows how long they will take!!!.

Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Dec. 10, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I stopped shipping to UK because I had packages take as much as 2 months to arrive and I didn't want to be blamed for it

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Don't they have a bunch of new regulations because of those toner cartridge bombs?

If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people.

Sharron_
by Bata Team on Dec. 22, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Well two of the packages turned up yesterday!! yippee...3 and a half weeks later!. 

My aunt posted a robe and nightdress for my daughter and a pen for my son....I don't think that would look suspicious on an xray machine, unless there is a backlog. 

Quoting Works4Mom.com:

Don't they have a bunch of new regulations because of those toner cartridge bombs?

I have never had a package take over 8 days when sending to the UK and I usually send the first class (no tracking) and so far no problems.  I wonder why they were taking 2 months (mom2jack)!! are you on a suspicious list!! LOL (you weren't mailing liquid carpet cleaner!!). 

GreatGeeMa
by Alpha Team on Dec. 23, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I sent a package to Australia last year it took so long to get there that the original tracking number wouldn't work when I tried to file for insurance. The buyer stopped payment with their bank and got the blinking package the next day. They unstopped the payment but it took forever to get my money.

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Dec. 23, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I've never sent overseas when it hasn't been a scam! Kidding!

That is quite a bit of time, even for the season. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)