Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ebay competition - Finally!! **Update! ARBR.CO will be up next month**

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

I have been a power seller on Ebay for years now and there is just no getting around Ebay if you want to make money selling....and I hate them so much! Anyone else have constant headaches and wish there was another way? I do and finally I heard a rumor from a friend a new company is going to be launching this year that will be like Ebay. Hopefully they won't have all the fees and will be legitimate. I also did some research and found out the reason there is no competition so far is b/c Ebay buys out all the companies and squashes them. Hope that doesn't happen b/c I really need a new way and to get away from Ebay....

I found out arbr.co will be active next month. I signed up already and got my username.....I think Ebay has moved in such a different direction it won't be the Ebay we know anymore and glad there is a new website. 

by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Jan. 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I wouldn't say "finally" I'd say a dozen of these sites, if not more, pop up EVERY year....and they all flop or sellers make ZERO sales.  Unless the site have millions of dollars to advertise and get the word out it will not be able to bring in the buyers like ebay and amazon has!  These sites are 99.99% of the time a 100% WASTE of your time!

Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Jan. 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I'll give you one example....about this time last year a new member joined this group, went on and on about her new auction site (that incidently had "bay" in it) lol we argued mainly about her ugly logo, lack of buyers,  and the fact that many of the items she was personally listing were items from direct selling companies that as a rep for those companies she isn't even allowed to sell on any auction site.... and it's NO surprise to me that when you go to her site now, as I just did, that the URL is no longer a valid address.  These sites are literally a dime a dozen!

CuteandCurvy
by Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 3:47 AM

I've tried several other sites (artfire, bonanzle, etsy, ect) and Cannot get the traffic I do on ebay. the fees suck, but I guess thats the price you pay to have your items on a high traffic site.

GreatGeeMa
by Alpha Team on Jan. 14, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I agree with all the responses wholeheartedly but there is one site that's lots of fun and you can get some good stuff. it's called Listia and there's no money involved. You earn points and that's what you use to buy and sell. i have bought stuff with points and re sold on ebay. I also get and get rid of a lot of stuff. Check it out. Not a way to get rich but it is fun!!!! I'm swapsop on it be my fan and get points.

Ashlyn_Kray
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I don't know if ARBR.co is going to stay around or fizzle out like all the others but I saw they are a real website and you can register your username. I just did mine and really hope something comes of this. I heard that Ebay wants to be like Amazon and noticed they have really changed. I am afraid pretty soon you won't even be able to sell on there anyway. Even Amazon has made some changes. I started selling some stuff on there and now it is not free and you have to have a store. 

I just don't understand why these companies want to change or get away from something that is working. Everyone wants to buy and sell things and yet it is so hard to just do that.....

If ARBR.co becomes a real auction site I am going to do whatever I can to get people on there, I know not getting enough people to use whatever new thing comes up is what is making Ebay so powerful so that is what we have to change.....

ZelisMommy
by Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Cool... thanks for sharing

Quoting GreatGeeMa:

I agree with all the responses wholeheartedly but there is one site that's lots of fun and you can get some good stuff. it's called Listia and there's no money involved. You earn points and that's what you use to buy and sell. i have bought stuff with points and re sold on ebay. I also get and get rid of a lot of stuff. Check it out. Not a way to get rich but it is fun!!!! I'm swapsop on it be my fan and get points.

ZelisMommy
by Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Well, I googled the company name & all I got was a bunch of listings for Arby's :/

I typed it in on the address bar & it looks like its not up yet.

Believe it or not, I've had good luck selling on Craigslist. Its free and I always meet the person at a public place near my home & I've actually had to mail some stuff out for folks over an hour away (W/ traffic and gas prices what they are, it was cheaper to mail). They will pay through paypal, which does have fees, but at least its just ONE fee and not two

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)