Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Think I Can Sell This On Ebay For $300 or Should I Ask For More?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 194 Total Views

I have finally found a way to import Roberto Cavalli diaper bags into the US. So far only 1 boutique in the US has been able to do this and they only have 1 bag. I think moms that love designer would be really excited to have something rare and exclusive....so my question is how much should I sell them for? It is hard to say what they retail for b/c they are not really sold to the public but the one boutique here is selling their bag for $600. I wanted to list mine up on Ebay for $300 but hubby is pushing for more....and since no one knows how much they are worth I could really ask any amount. I want the price to be high enough it justifies the brand (Cavalli baby is really expensive) but I want to sell the bags, not be stuck with them....

None have ever been sold on Ebay which is what makes this so hard....hopefully someone will have a thought on it to help me out : )

by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KamsOne
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I would start higher.  You can always relist at a lower price if they don't sell.

GreatGeeMa
by Alpha Team on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Can you authenticate the bags? Ebay won't let you sell them if you can't prove they aren't knock offs. If they are authentic, I'd start the auction at 450.00 and buy it now for 600.00 and see what happens, good luck I'll be watching for you to list one, I hope you make a fortune.

Ashlyn_Kray
by Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Thank you, I am really excited about this new victory. The bags are definitely authentic so no worries there....I think I will start at $450 and see how it goes...I am not sure how long it will take to get through customs so hopefully I can get a bag up in a couple weeks. I will only have a couple of these to sell and most likely won't be able to get anymore after that unless another mini miracle happens : )

Quoting GreatGeeMa:

Can you authenticate the bags? Ebay won't let you sell them if you can't prove they aren't knock offs. If they are authentic, I'd start the auction at 450.00 and buy it now for 600.00 and see what happens, good luck I'll be watching for you to list one, I hope you make a fortune.

Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Feb. 10, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quoting Ashlyn_Kray:

Thank you, I am really excited about this new victory. The bags are definitely authentic so no worries there....I think I will start at $450 and see how it goes...I am not sure how long it will take to get through customs so hopefully I can get a bag up in a couple weeks. I will only have a couple of these to sell and most likely won't be able to get anymore after that unless another mini miracle happens : )

Quoting GreatGeeMa:

Just an FYI, when you say "no worries there"...well there ARE worries, ebay is a real stickler for showing proof.  You would been to show in the listing or to ebay if they find your listing a certificate of authenticity for the bag or they will remove the listing....I've had it done so many times on what I was positive was authentic, but without the proof, it can get flagged and removed!

sweetsimplicity
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I'm going to be the naysayer here and say to stick with the $ 300 amount you originally intended to go with.

The only reason I say $ 300 is because I found a reputable boutique online that is selling the same bag for the equivalent of $ 246.75 with shipping (to the US) for an additional $ 12.58.

If you're wanting to go for the quick-'er' sale, I'd say go with the $ 300 otherwise if you're willing to wait and see what happens, then by all means, definitely for the higher amount. :)

Either way, congrats and good luck! :D

Ashlyn_Kray
by Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Yes, there are other boutiques in the UK and Germany that sell Cavalli bags and this one is about that price on their site....but I have found most people won't buy overseas or even look online....

If you saw this one....did you see the flower one too? I feel like I should like it but I just don't, lol...but I love that you can get multiple pieces in the same print and have a cute little set-up. I went with the all black and love it!! 

http://www.lavishkids.com/catalog/roberto-cavalli-nylon-logo-baby-bag-in-black-7646.html

Quoting sweetsimplicity:

I'm going to be the naysayer here and say to stick with the $ 300 amount you originally intended to go with.

The only reason I say $ 300 is because I found a reputable boutique online that is selling the same bag for the equivalent of $ 246.75 with shipping (to the US) for an additional $ 12.58.

If you're wanting to go for the quick-'er' sale, I'd say go with the $ 300 otherwise if you're willing to wait and see what happens, then by all means, definitely for the higher amount. :)

Either way, congrats and good luck! :D

extremecheer
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

have you sold your bag??

ZelisMommy
by Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Its cute. Just curious though why his diaper bags are difficult to get in to the US? I know I've seen some of his dresses on Nordstroms website, but I cant remember if they were only sold online or in store too. And I dont know if they carry any of his bags.

Well this post is kind of old... did it/they sell?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN