Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this illegal????

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 174 Total Views

So I got a bunch of express mail usps padded envelopes in the mail today. When I ordered them I just saw FREE and was like heck yeah!! But a duh I didn't think that they would only be aloud to be used with Express Mail!!  I did read on the usps website that even if you try covering up the markings they will still charge you as Espress Mail (which for the envelope I got is about 19 bucks!).  So I was thinking what is I just wrapped the envelopes once I put an item inside the envelope? Like some kid of packing paper or something, but is that ILLEGAL?? I am not trying to break any laws, just don't want to charge people almost 20 bucks for shipping, even though it would be overnight.    Any Ideas????

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
.mrshallman.
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Yah it's illegal. Take them to your PO and Give them back. You can ask them for Priority mail flat rate envelopes which are also free and only cost around $5 to ship
llheet8586
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Quoting .mrshallman.:

Yah it's illegal. Take them to your PO and Give them back. You can ask them for Priority mail flat rate envelopes which are also free and only cost around $5 to ship

I actually am going to I just keep fidgeting every time I go to post office.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN