Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sincere or scam?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:35 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

I sold an item on 5/27. In the auction, it clearly says payment is due within 3 days.

After the 3rd day, I sent a reminder. No response. After the time allowed by ebay (and still no response from buyer) I filed a NPB case.

Still no response from buyer...until tonight. The exact day in which I could file a NPB strike and get credit for my final value fee.

The message from the buyer stated that the little boy who she bought the item for passed away and that she had not logged into ebay during that time.

She paid for the item tonight.

I sent her an email saying thank you for the payment, sorry for your loss, and closed the case.

Do you think sincere or scam? There was no response in nearly 2 weeks. She sent me an email less than 4 hours before the auction ended asking a question about it.

Either way, she finally paid, and I'm going to ship it. I've just never had to go quit this far in the NPB process.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bcuzican28
by Bata Team on Jun. 10, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Who knows for sure,  I would make sure you package whatever it is, is packaged well.  Give her no reason to try and get her money back.  Things do happen in life at least she did pay you not just leave you hanging all together.  Good luck

GreatGeeMa
by Alpha Team on Jun. 11, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Who knows? At least she paid. I had somebody do that, I said in my auction that I will report unpaid items to ebay if payment is not received within 10 days. I never heard a word from the buyer and sent a couple reminders and on the 10th day filed an unpaid item dispute. She emailed me that day and said it was still within 10 days and she had intended to pay but was in the hospital.  I said ok and she kept me dangling for weeks with one excuse or another. Twice she was in the hospital and a couple tragic accidents happened in her family. It was a joke. I looked up her auction buying history and she had purchased the exact same item she bought from me AFTER she won the one I had posted. I emailed her about that and I forget what her excuse was, anyway I finally re filed for an unpaid item and by then it was too late. Live and learn.

Great Gee Ma Nancee
ma23
by Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Well she did pay, and I shipped it. I'm sorry if it was true, but I probably wouldn't have closed the case even if she responded unless she paid it.

I just found it interesting that after 2 weeks of no response, on the day she would have got an unpaid item strike, I finally got a response.

Something for everyone, come check it out!

Reener
by on Jun. 14, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Wow, if it was a scam, what an excuse to use! Geez, to think up something like that!!

Glad everything worked out for ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)