Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

International Customers

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 144 Total Views

I sold an item to a Doctor in Italy. 

Firstly he just bid on it without asking for a Shipping Quote to Italy. 

So I invoiced him and charged him the $12.95 Priority Flat Rate Env and put in the message, to allow up to 30 days for delivery.  (I've heard some bad stories about Italy's postal system!!). 

Well I haven't heard a thing.  Nothing.  Do you think the 30 day delivery thing.....has put him off! or the Shipping Price.  (he's a doctor).

Sharon.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Krystallized
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM

I ship Internationally pretty frequently, although I'm not sure it's ever been to Italy. Most of my packages have arrived to their destination with 7-14 business days.  The 30 day thing could scare off some people. How much time has passed since the last time you've contacted him?

Sharron_
by Bata Team on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Well I sent him an invoice last Satuday evening. 

But I was just thinking it's Italy.  I think I am going to refuse to ship there on my auctions after this last lot finishes.  ]

Do you think I should email him through ebay and ask if there's a problem or what?

Thanks for any advice.

Sharon.

Quoting Krystallized:

I ship Internationally pretty frequently, although I'm not sure it's ever been to Italy. Most of my packages have arrived to their destination with 7-14 business days.  The 30 day thing could scare off some people. How much time has passed since the last time you've contacted him?

Krystallized
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Maybe you could send him a quick note thru eBay stating it's been a little bit since there's been any contact and ask him if he's still interested in purchasing your item. Sure beats beating around the bush, KWIM? Maybe he's just been so busy with his practice that it's slipped his mind.

Quoting Sharron_:

Well I sent him an invoice last Satuday evening. 

But I was just thinking it's Italy.  I think I am going to refuse to ship there on my auctions after this last lot finishes.  ]

Do you think I should email him through ebay and ask if there's a problem or what?

Thanks for any advice.

Sharon.

Quoting Krystallized:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)