Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are the People who work at Ebay just thick or Stupid?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

I received a reply from Customer Support at Ebay with a Copy and Pasted piece from their website.  Can you believe it...on how to close a case. 

THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED THEM.....what's difficult about getting them to make an option that is grayed out...work?

Read below....I mean is that difficult to understand? 

So I emailed their customer support back with this:

I am going to try and make this very simple as you didn't understand my last question.

1 - I opened an Unpaid Item Case on 30 June 09.

2 - Buyer said I could re-sell calculator.

3 - The Reason I need for Closing the Case isn't working, because buyer responded directly with me and not through the correct link.  (Do You Understand, what I am saying?)

4 I need the third option on Reasons for Closing the case to work.  (It is grayed out, because Ebay thinks the buyer hasn't yet responded once...but he did...although through the wrong link).  Understand?

5 - NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART:  PLEASE just make OPTION 3 work for me...that's all I am asking...it's very simple, so I can get on and sort it out. 

Please understand I am very frustrated with the situation and it doesn't help when Ebay seems to Copy and Paste something I have already read on your site.

Thanks.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Speaking as someone who uses eBay, I think a little of both. As someone who used to answer 100 emails a day for Panasonic, they are skimming and theirs nothing they can do to make that option work for you.

It’s like anything else, the people on the front lines don’t have any control. If they did someone else wouldn’t be getting shot at. LOL

Sharron_
by Bata Team on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Well at least this time...I got someone with half a brain.  You were right they couldn't make that option work...but he did credit my Final Value Fee. 

But he left the case still open and my ebay account is showing $30.00 extra than I have received. 

So that's frustrated....but obviously the step by step guide worked....somewhat. 

So you were right again.  Gosh I would of loved to have seen how you responded to emails Edee....I bet that would of been a laugh!

Quoting Works4Mom.com:

Speaking as someone who uses eBay, I think a little of both. As someone who used to answer 100 emails a day for Panasonic, they are skimming and theirs nothing they can do to make that option work for you.

It’s like anything else, the people on the front lines don’t have any control. If they did someone else wouldn’t be getting shot at. LOL

Acestagemom
by Bata Team on Jul. 6, 2009 at 10:46 AM

My guess is Edee dosen't work at Panasonic anymore because of the way she answered emails. LMAO

You know we love you and your witty answers EDee. (Big Kiss)

blowing kisses

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Usually with "canned" responses.

However, one day I was in the middle of a meeting when my boss decided to tell everyone what a great job I was doing.  He went on and on and I was feeling pretty great about myself when he said "But you may want to utilize your spell check. You typed 'your 8 button sucks'" I think I meant Your 8 button is stuck, but you on the other hand, if it was stuck…… lol  Luckily everyone got a big laugh out of it.

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jul. 7, 2009 at 7:59 AM

smile you know it sister! LOL

Quoting Acestagemom:

My guess is Edee dosen't work at Panasonic anymore because of the way she answered emails. LMAO

You know we love you and your witty answers EDee. (Big Kiss)

blowing kisses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)