Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Rules- Ebay Announcement

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:52 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/July2009Update/Details/index.html#1-9

This is getting a bit ridiculous. The seller has no recourse for anything anymore and will now be told just how to sell to accomodate the buyer. They will even delete your listing if you word something in a way they don't like

~There is no love like a cats love~

*RIP Whispers*

Steph

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
audraedandeddie
by Bata Team on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:02 AM

I think I more upset about the listing upgrades that will no longer be available.  It really does increase page exposure and make your listings stand out from the rest :0(

Mom2Jack04
by Alpha Team on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Yeah the highlighting, bold, feature plus, and the feature first etc. going is a drag.  I experimented with a few lots of maternity clothing recently.  The one where I paid for the Feature first had triple the watchers, bidders, and bidding price compared to the regular listing and the one with just the feature plus. 

Once I put the regular listing to the same feature first the watchers, bids and price sky rocketed.  So, with LOTS of clothing I'll be disappointed with these features going...once they take effect i'll probably switch to smaller lots of the plainer items and save the trendier and designer finds for individual item listings.  It'll stink though, because the simple items beef up the item count and make a large lot more appealing for everyone to bid....sigh

audraedandeddie
by Bata Team on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Yup, No more Huge lots for me either.....not worth them getting lost in the shuffle.  I'll be running the heck out of them though until this new rule goes into effect :0)

Ohhhh Ebay  eye rolling

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

Yeah the highlighting, bold, feature plus, and the feature first etc. going is a drag.  I experimented with a few lots of maternity clothing recently.  The one where I paid for the Feature first had triple the watchers, bidders, and bidding price compared to the regular listing and the one with just the feature plus. 

Once I put the regular listing to the same feature first the watchers, bids and price sky rocketed.  So, with LOTS of clothing I'll be disappointed with these features going...once they take effect i'll probably switch to smaller lots of the plainer items and save the trendier and designer finds for individual item listings.  It'll stink though, because the simple items beef up the item count and make a large lot more appealing for everyone to bid....sigh

GreatGeeMa
by Alpha Team on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Stop me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean that everybody's auctions will be equal?  Sounds like communism. Anyway if there's nothing featured we'll have to be really tricky with wording so buyers find us, right? 

Great Gee Ma Nancee
Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I thought I was missing something.

And I know I’m still PRE-chill pill earth orbiting vacation, but I don’t get the parts about the lots.

Quoting GreatGeeMa:

Stop me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean that everybody's auctions will be equal? So it's not just me!  Sounds like communism.

Anyway if there's nothing featured we'll have to be really tricky with wording so buyers find us, right? Isn't that what we do already? LOL

Sharron_
by Bata Team on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Quoting Works4Mom.com:

And I know I’m still PRE-chill pill earth orbiting vacation, but I don’t get the parts about the lots.

Edee..for a minute I was wondering what on earth you were on about.

I think what they mean about the lots is:

Say Ebay has 50 Listings for Lots.

Some lots are 20 pieces, some 35 pieces, some 40 etc. 

Well I think what they mean is if Audra has a lot of Gymbo for say 30 pieces it will look like everybody elses listing.  (She likes to be posh!!! and use Borders!! LOL).  because it makes it stand out.

And I have to admit it must work....because I usually click on those border listings, before all the others!.  So she probably gets more bids because of that. 

You see!. 

audraedandeddie
by Bata Team on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Yuppers :0)  With me I start all of my auctions at .99 with free shipping.  So if I have a lot of NWT Gymboree worth $500.00 Retail Value I'm going to pay the $9.99 it costs me to feature that lot because I need all the exposure I can get to ensure the lot bids up to a price I'm happy with.

With this new rule I can't make my listing stand out from the others making my .99/free shipping auction much more of a risk for me.  It could get lost in the tons of other lots offered and not bid up.  So that's why I will be doing small lots once the rule goes into effect, I can't afford to get burned on a huge lot.

Quoting Sharron_:

Quoting Works4Mom.com:

Edee..for a minute I was wondering what on earth you were on about.

I think what they mean about the lots is:

Say Ebay has 50 Listings for Lots.

Some lots are 20 pieces, some 35 pieces, some 40 etc. 

Well I think what they mean is if Audra has a lot of Gymbo for say 30 pieces it will look like everybody elses listing.  (She likes to be posh!!! and use Borders!! LOL).  because it makes it stand out.

And I have to admit it must work....because I usually click on those border listings, before all the others!.  So she probably gets more bids because of that. 

You see!. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)