• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Stars Block?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 509 Total Views

I know some of you may think I'm over reacting But I'm seriously considering blocking a buyer that left me feedback stating

Great Seller, 4 Stars

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=audraedandeddie&ftab=AllFeedback

Ebay frowns upon 4 Stars and takes away discounts which I rely on.  I feel I'm being harsh by blocking her but I can't afford 4 star ratings.

What do you all think?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sharron_
by Bata Team on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Awww Audra,

I really feel for you.  There are times I know some people have left me 4 stars, because my rating is 4.9 or 4.8 and it's really frustrating when you know you are mailing things instantly and only charging what the Post Office charge you.

If I were you I would contact Ebay and try to get them altered or see what they offer.  They can tell from your previous service it's highly unlikely that you deserve a 4-star rating. 

I actually can't believe she left you 4 stars....when I bought things from you, they came VERY quick and were New and very nicely packaged.

I have to admit I have blocked one Buyer, but that was after he never paid for the item and in your case I wouldn't hesitate but do the same.  

The question you have to ask yourself is: Do you want her to buy from you again and risk 4 stars?  If the answer is 'NO' - Block her.  There are plenty of other customers out there. 

Sharon.

Oh one thing...Did she rate you 4 stars?  As your stars look very high...the last one is 4.9.  Maybe she has just wrote four instead of five????  Perhaps?

audraedandeddie
by Bata Team on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM

She even said fast shipping lol  Not to mention there we 3 emails for communication, instant feedback with her payment, the packages arrived gift wrapped along with a Thank you gift.  I blocked her, I realize she was probably thinking 4 is good and above average but what else could I have done to earn a 5.  If she wants to buy again she will have to contact me with an explanation and then I will gladly take her off the blocked list.

Quoting Sharron_:

Awww Audra,

I really feel for you.  There are times I know some people have left me 4 stars, because my rating is 4.9 or 4.8 and it's really frustrating when you know you are mailing things instantly and only charging what the Post Office charge you.

If I were you I would contact Ebay and try to get them altered or see what they offer.  They can tell from your previous service it's highly unlikely that you deserve a 4-star rating. 

I actually can't believe she left you 4 stars....when I bought things from you, they came VERY quick and were New and very nicely packaged.

I have to admit I have blocked one Buyer, but that was after he never paid for the item and in your case I wouldn't hesitate but do the same.  

The question you have to ask yourself is: Do you want her to buy from you again and risk 4 stars?  If the answer is 'NO' - Block her.  There are plenty of other customers out there. 

Sharon.

Oh one thing...Did she rate you 4 stars?  As your stars look very high...the last one is 4.9.  Maybe she has just wrote four instead of five????  Perhaps?

Works4Mom.com
by Group Owner on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Sharron, you may be on to something. I remember when I first realized there were "stars" I don't know why, but I assumed there were 3 stars. I left feedback that went something like "Excellent service, lightening fast shipping, definitely 3 starts, A++++++++++++" The seller comment under my feedback read “Um there are 5 stars”
The stars are right there, I could see them while I was typing! DUH!!

However, I don't blame you for blocking her. I blocked her on your say so, I block everyone. Soon I'm not going to be able to sell because the entire eBay community will be on my block list.

Sharron_
by Bata Team on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM

To earn 5 stars you should have hand delivered it personally!!! LOL  What were you thinking!!!

But are you sure she only gave you 4 stars? as you have ratings of 5.0 for the first two and 4.9 for the latter two.  If she only gave you 4...wouldn't that make the first two 4.9 also?????

Oh and I would ask Ebay to remove her feedback....I think what she wrote was a cheek.....four star.

Quoting audraedandeddie:

She even said fast shipping lol  Not to mention there we 3 emails for communication, instant feedback with her payment, the packages arrived gift wrapped along with a Thank you gift.  I blocked her, I realize she was probably thinking 4 is good and above average but what else could I have done to earn a 5.  If she wants to buy again she will have to contact me with an explanation and then I will gladly take her off the blocked list.

audraedandeddie
by Bata Team on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I have so many ratings that a four only loweers it by maybe a tenth of a point if at all.  Neverthe less if I get too many it would be a very big problem :0(  I commented on the feedback in a nice way so hopefully people will know that a 4 is not a good rating in ebay's eyes.

I think that if I asked ebay to remove a 4 rating they would laugh at me lol  There are so many sellers out there who would be happy with 4's, I'm just not one of them.  I depend on that 20% off my fee's!!

Quoting Sharron_:

To earn 5 stars you should have hand delivered it personally!!! LOL  What were you thinking!!!

But are you sure she only gave you 4 stars? as you have ratings of 5.0 for the first two and 4.9 for the latter two.  If she only gave you 4...wouldn't that make the first two 4.9 also?????

Oh and I would ask Ebay to remove her feedback....I think what she wrote was a cheek.....four star.

Quoting audraedandeddie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)