Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

How do you make reading and building fun? (UPDATED WITH VIDEO)

Posted by   + Show Post

Helping your child learn to listen and build can be tough but it doesn't have to be. We gave 40 CafeMom members one Read & Build set from Lego Duplo and asked them to try it with their toddler. With the new Read & Build sets, Lego Duplo is helping moms read to their children while helping them improve listening skills, memory, and accelerate learning. Check out this video and the comments on this post to see what our moms thought!

Tell us about your toddler. How do you make reading and building fun?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Replies (71-80):
MamaMandee
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Nice review, it might be really good if you plan on getting the other sets! 

Quoting MooNFaeRie30:

we recieved our set yesterday evening and my 3 year old dd could not wait to play with it. all she talked about was playing with her new "building blocks". and the first thing that she did when i came home from work was ask me if she could use them.

we got the "lets go! vroom!" set. it came with a board book and 12 blocks. the story was about helping penny and joe put their vehicles together and you put them blocks together to make an airplane and a race car. at then end they have a race.

my 3 year old loved "helping" the characters and the directions in the story were easy to follow. she only had trouble figuring out one piece and that is not bad at all. she was taking any piece she was unsure of and mathing it with the picture in the book. her birthday is coming up so i think i am going to get her the other 2 sets.

thank you lego and cafemom for giving us this opportunity!

here are a couple of pictures.

MamaMandee
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

What a fun idea that you put your review on video!! Your kids are adorable. My 4yr daughter likes your daughter's hair lol 

Quoting RobynS:

Since DS is such a good reader, I filmed while he helped little sis. He does have this stutter sorta thing going on, which might make this a little hard to listen to (some people get impatient waiting for him to spit out the words):

This is part two, where they actually build the first animal:

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Sounds fun!

RobynS
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Aw, thank you! My daughter has very fine hair, and I am NOT good with hair in general. So it's very nice to hear a hair compliment! LOL :) Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Quoting MamaMandee:

What a fun idea that you put your review on video!! Your kids are adorable. My 4yr daughter likes your daughter's hair lol 

Quoting RobynS:

Since DS is such a good reader, I filmed while he helped little sis. He does have this stutter sorta thing going on, which might make this a little hard to listen to (some people get impatient waiting for him to spit out the words):

MamaMandee
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:24 PM

YW!! My hubby is better at braiding than I am LOL

Quoting RobynS:

Aw, thank you! My daughter has very fine hair, and I am NOT good with hair in general. So it's very nice to hear a hair compliment! LOL :) Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting RobynS:

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Sounds like fun

Quoting lillucky8:

Ooh, this sounds like a great one! Congrats to those who were chosen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Love the pics, what a fun influencer!
dusky_rose
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:37 AM

This influencer sounds really interesting! I think my 5 year old would be more into the building part.

daerca574
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 7:35 AM

agreed!  my ds loves his blocks.

Quoting bamababe1975:

We sit down and play together, and blocks are definitely one of our favorite toys. To have some they can build with but still learn to read and such, too, would be just wonderful.

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I can't wait till Christmas. I hope to buy another set for both kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)