Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tv shows...do you ever...

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 25 Replies

let your little ones watch a grown up show with you?

If so, which shows?

by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aneela
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:03 PM

i think the only grown up show he has seen when he was around 4 1/2 was Doctor Who which is actually billed as a family show...and he was really smart lol i didnt like the new companion and neither did he (not that he knew anything about the history of the show) and he just didnt watch those actors...but he watched the classic series with me and the other 2 doctors from the reboot series :-P

aneela
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM

he also likes science shows...stuff like Through the Wormhole...sometimes I have to also pause or FF or change channel as sometimes there may be something a little inappropriate but for the most part it's fine

keeckhardt
by Kat on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:06 PM
You mean there are shows on tv for adults? Lol!
The adult shows we watch are cop shows, not exactly appropriate. So to answer the question, no my toddler doesn't watch them. If she is up when the shows are on, we change it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM

LOL you would be surprised at what some people will watch with their kids...i remember someone saying their 3 year olds fave movie was Chucky...you know that horror flick NOT for kids lol...so yeah...everyone parents differently

Quoting keeckhardt:

The adult shows we watch are cop shows, not exactly appropriate. So to answer the question, no my toddler doesn't watch them. If she is up when the shows are on, we change it.

aneela
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM

i like the ones like forensic files and stuff ...the ones where they document real cases lol...did you mean the tv drama cop shows or both?

Quoting keeckhardt:

TheBabyFactory4
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Not when my kids were toddlers. But as thy got a bit older they like dh's shows like mcgyver and dukes.of hazzard. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jules_
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I let them watch wipeout with me. Is that considered an adult show. And they also watch AGT. They love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM

No, we don't.  Unless American' Funniest Videos counts as 'grown up'.

tayanddyl
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM

not really unless it's something like Bill Cosby or Glee

Bob192
by Crystal on Jul. 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM

No, but I don't watch much TV anymore either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)