Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

Does your toddler still use of pacifier?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 37 Replies

Does your toddler still use of pacifier? If not, when did he/she give it up? If so, when are you planning on taking it away?

by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hisservent
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM

My daughter is 2 and we got rid of hers when she was 18 months. I took it away during nap time but let her have it at night. She only cried the first day. After 3 days of no paci during nap, I finally threw it away for good and she did great! I did the same thing with my son.

Also, with both of my kids, from 6 months on, they only got it while in bed. When I picked them up out of their cribs, they put the paci back in it. They never walked around with them. 

Christian wife and mother  

in lovetoddler boy toddler girlexpecting boy

TJ and Amy   Aaron Thomas     Olivia Grace    Stephen Edward

notjstanothrmom
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I never introduced one because I figured it'd be more of a headache to get rid of then it'd be worth.

dream528
by Jen on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

My daughter gave hers up at about 5 months old.

She had a mild case of RSV and after the nebulizer treatments, she didn't want anything by her mouth - including her paci.  She never took to it after that.

Now my son...lol, he's going to be the one who's going to give me problems with giving up the pacifier!

darbyakeep45
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Brady will be 4 in October and still uses a pacifier at times...nap or sleep time and when he's overwhelmed or he needs help relaxing.  He's special needs with the mentality of a 10 month old.  I don't plan on taking it away any time soon.

erikays
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Guilty lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela_Barlow
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I wish! She sucks both thumbs:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddemarco
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Hasn't wanted it since he was about 3 months old.  It didn't contain any liquid.  He didn't want it lol

Junebaby18
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM
My dd only used a pacifier for about 2 months. She found her thumb after that. She doesn't use her thumb anymore now, either.
PEEK05
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

No.  My 3.5 year old never used one and my son rarely ever used on and gave it up 100% of the time by 8 months of age.

keeckhardt
by Kat on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

She was never a fan of it, and refused to take it after she cut her first tooth. The only things they are good for now is teething when the nipple is filled with ice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)