Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

When do you start potty training?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM
  • 16 Replies

Both my boys were trained around 2.

When will you start potty training?

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wish2Be
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

My DS is almost 3 and we are still trying.

erikays
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM
My son is 3 and being stubborn :/

I don't want to push him into it, like we did with my oldest. My oldest refused bc we were pressuring him into it, when he wasn't ready. Lesson learned, so we will wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Not sure...Brady is almost 4 years old, but special needs and nowhere near ready for it!  We'll get there one day though:)

Proud_Mama1011
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 8:07 PM

i have tried potty training with my two year old but it is not working. his doctor told me to try when he turns 2 1/2, he will be more interested in it then. im not really sure how this potty training thing works...any suggestions ladies????

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Around 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
6kidsSTEPH
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
when they show interest. i was pressuring my first and it wasnt going well so i let HIM decide. by the time he was almost 3 he was potty trained for both day and night. he hasnt had an accident in months. i have a 3yr old right now trained for daytime. he still wets at night. and a 2 yr old who really isnt showing any interest at all.
jmaw89
by Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM
She's only 14 mo but I did some infant potty traninh startin around 6 mo. I sit her on her potty a few times a day and she point to her diaper when she goes so I think it's a start. I don't pressure her at all just let her know the potty is there. And i let her have lots of naked time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeckhardt
by Kat on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:52 AM

This is completely off subject, but I have to give you credit for being such a positive person. I have personally (non-CM) seen people complain about their child needing something such as speech and physical therapy for minor things. As a parent not every day is sunshine and roses, but each day contains at least one of those moments. Anyway, Brady is one special little boy and lucky to have you as a mom.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Not sure...Brady is almost 4 years old, but special needs and nowhere near ready for it!  We'll get there one day though:)

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Starting with my two year old now. He is ready!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Dd has started getting excited about the potty and tells us when she goes in her diaper, i think once the baby isnt so new ill be able to work with her a bit with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)