Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you give your toddler a bath how do you rinse their hair? My son used to put his head up for me but doesn't anymore and now he screams and doesn't want me to even wash his hair yet. I try to put my hand by his forehead to stop the water from going in his eyes but he pushes my hand away.  Do you have any special tricks you do???

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Replies (11-18):
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
That is a good one to try. Thank you.

Quoting mylilprincesses:

my oldest would give me a hard time for awhile at washing her hair.. she is a daddys girl and would want her father to do it but she eventually got over it..

i just make them put their head down and close their eyes and let them wash their own body. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Oh that is great! I actually hated it too...what did I do?!! Lol

Quoting dream528:

A big cup of water goes right over her head!

We're pretty lucky in that Emily LOVES the water. I swear, the kid is a little fish!  So she has no problem with water going in her eyes or whatever.  When I was a kiddo, I hated it - so I'm relieved that this is one fight I get to avoid with her :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vig5179
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM

My DS  likes water, but hates water on his face He won't look up or let me use anything to shield his eyes so I just have to dump water on him till all the soap is out. Then let him calm back down. Hopefully he'll start understanding what I'm trying to do, and bath time will end happy.

Tnoblin5
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Quoting vig5179:

My DS  likes water, but hates water on his face He won't look up or let me use anything to shield his eyes so I just have to dump water on him till all the soap is out. Then let him calm back down. Hopefully he'll start understanding what I'm trying to do, and bath time will end happy.

I am so glad I am not the only one who does this! DD loves to play in the water but hates the bathing part. I wash her quickly, she fusses the whole time, and then let her play. :)

Angela_Barlow
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I rinse Cadey with the sprayer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vig5179
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM

haha it makes bath time interesting. I found the quickest way to do it is to turn the shower on (washes soap out of their fine hair almost instantly instead of five or six dumps of water), but i've only done that twice because he like a screaming panic attack then glared at me for awhile 

Quoting Tnoblin5:
Quoting vig5179:

I am so glad I am not the only one who does this! DD loves to play in the water but hates the bathing part. I wash her quickly, she fusses the whole time, and then let her play. :)

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

It might have to be that way with Braedyn too.

Quoting vig5179:

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Oh that is a great idea! I should try that. Thank you.

Quoting Angela_Barlow:

I rinse Cadey with the sprayer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)