Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting toddler into toddlerbed

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

how to get her into a toddler bed? She feel out of her crib tonight. She is 20 months old. My older two never did this.I am trying to keep her safe. She was scared but not hurt Thank God. I do have a toddler bed with her favorite pillow ,blanket and favorite cartoon character and stuffed animal. Any other ideas to make her feel safe and secure?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jessi19
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

i switched my dd into her own room and toddler bed at 19 months when she started climbing out. i just put her in her bed that night and that was that. no problems for us thankfully

joyce6489
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM

ryan climbed out 4 months ago (when he was 20 months)  then again 1 month later and never again!! THANKFULLY good luck!

decembercherish
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM

so far we are on night three. She actually ran for a couple of hours in and out of the bed. Then she got tired and climbed in it. Seems she loves the bed. She just likes the freedom of climbing in and out lol.

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Nice! I need to get mine to stay in his bed. I think more persistence, instead of Daddy feeling bad for him and taking him out!

Quoting decembercherish:

so far we are on night three. She actually ran for a couple of hours in and out of the bed. Then she got tired and climbed in it. Seems she loves the bed. She just likes the freedom of climbing in and out lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flutterbeckie3
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I haven't changed over her crib to a toddler bed yet, and she will be 3 in May...mostly because she sleeps in bed with me most of the time (her father works nights)  and bed is mattresses on the floor. We are about to switch it over within the next week or so. I don't really have any advice, best of luck to you though!

LauraOR
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM
night light
decembercherish
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Well she has been in for quite a few months and we also have a night light. We have it in our room as we are staying with relatives. sometimes she climbs out and climbs on the bed with me and snuggles. Other times she sleeps all night she now loves the bed :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)