Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

its potty time

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
So my baby girl turned two yesterday we had a pantie party so today i have been trying to get her to go in her big girl potty but its just not happening any advice will help please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bella14308
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:46 PM
She will go when she is ready.

i suggest getting her used to it before putting her on it to use. let her sit on it clothed while you use the potty so she gets used to it... then .move on to her sitting on it in a diaper then eventually without the diaper. take it in small steps dont force it all at once.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sokolowski
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Last week couldnt find her and she was in the bathroom diaper off and went #2 all by her self i figured she was ready

Quoting Bella14308:

She will go when she is ready.

i suggest getting her used to it before putting her on it to use. let her sit on it clothed while you use the potty so she gets used to it... then .move on to her sitting on it in a diaper then eventually without the diaper. take it in small steps dont force it all at once.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AvonCrystal
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM

My dd did the same thing.  She went on the potty several times, I bought her panties and tried for a week to put her in them and take her to the potty every so often and she never went on the potty.  She would go in her panties right after sitting on the potty.  I have put her back in diapers and still ask her if she has to go but don't push it.  We are going to try panties again next week.  It will happen eventually just keep trying and don't pressure her.

AbbyCarrera
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I use videos with my son, that's the only way he'll do it.. I know he is ready because he knows when he needs to go and holds it :p

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Just keep trying different times, don't push too much and she will go eventually.

newwifenmom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Encourage and give her time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)