Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

3 yrs old diagnosed with congenital heart condition, needs open heart surgery

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have just recently been told in the last month by two doctor's that my LO has a heart conditons called mitral regurgitation and no matter what is going to have to have open heart surgery eventually. I am absolutley terrified and wanted to see if other moms have gone through the same surgeries with their little ones?  I feel like my husband is handling this sooo strongly and I find myself crying myself to sleep more nights than I would like to admit. This doesnt happen to us, this happens in the movies and to people in the papers, not us. I feel very alone and could use some support, hope I can find it here. Thanks so much for any help or encouragement you may have.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
glitterwings
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd had to have heart surgery at 14 days and again at 1yr. She is happy and healthy now and almost 6. She will require future surgeries, but we don't think about. Surgery is always scary try not to dwell on it until you have too.

AmbreG.
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

www.littlehearts.org/
You might check this group out and see what kind of info and support they can give you.  I have not been through anything like this, but I follow numerous families on facebook to show support for their children that have heart conditions. I know it would be scary if my kids were going through this. I pray that everything turns out well for your little girl. 
AmbreG.
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM

http://www.childrensheartfoundation.org/

here is another web page that might help out :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)