Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not messy activities for toddler?!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hey ladies. I have a 2 yr old ds and he gets bored easily. He doesn't play with toys much and I don't want him to just watch tv all day. But, all the activities I can find involve paint, food coloring, glue, etc. I'd like to do crafts but he just doesn't stay interested. I'd like to teach him numbers and letters but flash cards bore him.

Anyone know any activities to do that won't be crazy messy?! The thought of cleaning homemade play doh out of my white carpet or my kitchen covered in flour kinda stresses me out! Lol. Thanks for any help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hriabywx4
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Some white glue and a couple drops of food color in a gallon zip loc bag, tape around the edges to a table. Makes a mat he can squish and draw on. Little to no mess.

I really like the little colored bears they sell at educational stores for colors, counting and sorting activities.

We do music shakers from beads, beans, rice, whatever really. Just put them in a container, I've used soda bottles, paper plates taped together, tp rolls covered in tape.

Sensory bottles are cool too! Just a clear bottle add beads, sequins, glitter, whatever. Fill with water, squirt a bit of hot glue in the lid before you screw it on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamarj
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Pipe cleaners and a colander. My little one with sit for a long time threading the pipe cleaners thru the holes. My toddler will do puzzles (not the wooden ones but ones with big pieces that make a picture) over and over again. Give him a bunch of Tupperware and some pans and wooden spoons and see how creative he can get banging on them and stacking them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lcherniske
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:23 PM
For teaching numbers and letters you can buy one of the large foam puzzle floormats and take out a couple at a time and play a game hiding or running to certain letters.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Cherrios and string to make bird feeders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraOR
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM

glue sticks are less messy, i cut shapes from construction paper & my LO is busy, busy, busy

they sell tons of foam stickers in all shapes - add a piece of construction paper

make jello jigglers - he can use cookie molds to cut out shapes, assisted of course

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)