Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

What is a good age to to stop the.....

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 2 Replies

what is a good age to stop the sippy cup and start will a normal cup?My daughter is 17 months old. she has a sippy cup since 7 months. She can drink out of a normal cup, but there cant be a lot In it because it becomes a mess. we know she should be put to bed will water, but lately it has been milk. plz no bash, everyone parents in there own way. my thing is there are different stages of sippy cups, she hates the one with straw, and she hates i think it is the last stage but im  not to sure. we bought one last month she she as having problems with so my husband triedto drink out of it, to see if there was something wrong with it. and he said you really really have to suck on it. she we don'tthink she cant do it. do you have these problems

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Sippy use is at the parent's disrection really.

My pediatrician said we can use the sippy for as long as we are comfortable.  really what is the difference between the average water bottles that we take to the gym or wherever than a child's sippy beyond its larger size?  If they are at the table/highchair, I give regular cups but if they are mobile, I give sippy cups or regular type bottles that even i would use to reduce spillage.  Mine are almost 3 and 5.5 yrs old!

flutterbeckie3
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM

At almost 3, my daughter can drink out of a regular cup, but mostly uses sippy cups. The ones she uses do not have a spill protector spout or whatever they're called.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)