Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bedtime advice please! :)

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 1 Replies

My two year old has gone to bed very easily at 8 every night for quite some time. However, thepast few weeks we have been having trouble. She will talk and play in her bed for up to an hour and a half. Throughout that time she will continually ask us to come in to help cover her back up, or to go pee (up to 3 or 4 times.. each time she actually peees!). We try to tell her she needs to be quiet, close her eyes, and go to sleep. We will let time go by between check ins with her in hopes she realizes we are no longer coming. Eventually we will tell her its the last time we are coming in at which point she will begin calling for the other parent. We will then stand outside her door and tell her no more and she escaltes into full meltdown until we come in to comfort her at which point she generally goes to sleep pretty readily afterwards. Any suggestions?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MixedCooke
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds like a bit of separation anxiety.  I gave my daughter my sleep shirt so she has Mommy scent for comfort, which worked like a charm.  She also has a plush animal lovey.  I also like to give mine a full body massage with lavender scented bedtime lotion.  Who wouldnt pass out after a full body massage?  Also just because she is 2 doesnt mean you still cannot give her warm milk.  Milk has tryptophan in it, which helps to soothe them to sleep and also reminds them of Mommy's milk.  Some kids can also develop a fear of the dark, so maybe a night light will help.  I also have a fan for white noise and also circulates the air, which reduces the risk of SIDS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)