Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

Potty Training - Tell me about this no diaper method

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son is almost 3 and he is ready for potty training. However, when I mention potty training to my son, he says no, that potty is for mom and dad. He is stubborn and reluctant to change, therefore I think the underwear method might work.

How does it work?

by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rocrobin90
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I dont know. My son just turned 3 may 16 and He still in diapers. I put him in his underwear a few times but he messes in them everytime I put his underwear on him. Sorry I coldnt help

AbbyCarrera
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

He has to use underwear all day long.. If you want you can start just at home, but when My ds started to use underwear out of the house too he was fully potty train in no time.. 

When he had an accident we clean it together, and every time he went in the potty he got to watch a video, stickers weren't working.. He love this.. He didn't like being wet, that's why using underwear helps a lot..

Good luck :)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

rocrobin90
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I kept using underwear on my 3 year old but it seemed like when he was wet it still didnt bother him.

Quoting AbbyCarrera:

He has to use underwear all day long.. If you want you can start just at home, but when My ds started to use underwear out of the house too he was fully potty train in no time.. 

When he had an accident we clean it together, and every time he went in the potty he got to watch a video, stickers weren't working.. He love this.. He didn't like being wet, that's why using underwear helps a lot..

tiredtoddlermom
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM

He sits on the little potty and pulls his pants down, so maybe I will try pull ups first. See how that goes.

I am wondering, for those of you who did the underwear or no diaper/nothing at all, were there messes all over the house?

AbbyCarrera
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM

my ds was like that at first, he didn't even wanted to get a clean underwear.. but I guess time helped.. and the videos..

Quoting rocrobin90:

I kept using underwear on my 3 year old but it seemed like when he was wet it still didnt bother him.

Quoting AbbyCarrera:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

rocrobin90
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM

oh ok thanks

Quoting AbbyCarrera:

my ds was like that at first, he didn't even wanted to get a clean underwear.. but I guess time helped.. and the videos..

Quoting rocrobin90:

Quoting AbbyCarrera:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)