Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

Reappearing absent parent

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
I have a two year old (three in September) whose father hasn't been in her life hardly at all. The last time she has seen him was the Halloween before last (2011). He now is wanting to pick her up and bring her two and a half hours away to his dads house. I think he plans on keeping her for a week or two. My question is, if this were your toddler would you let her go? Yes, I completely understand it is her father but at the same time I worry about her and having stranger anxiety. Friends of the family kid around about taking her home with them right now and she runs to me and hides her face. Whenever we are out and about she often tells me she wants to go home. When she's away from Greg (stepdad) for too long she says she wants greggreg (Gregory). Not to mention it will only be her, her father, and his dad in the household they will be at...her father is not very cooperative in my concerns and sort of brushes it off saying he would cry when his mom would pick him up when little and she will get over it. Please help!
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CmC1307
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

no way !!!! i would never let her out of my sight. That relationship to too inconsistent for her to be taken anywhere without you.

CafeMom Tickers
07lilmama1108
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 6:41 AM
No! He hadn't been in the picture, she doesn't know him and neither do you! If he wants to see her, go to a public park. She's not a piece of property that he decides he'll take care of randomly. If he wants to take her somewhere, he can earn her trust first.
melissanoel
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM

No. Absolutely not! No. No. No. I had a similar situation with my daughter's father and people tried to tell me I should let him take her because he's her dad, but it was his choice not to be a part of her life. I'm not going to punish her because he suddenly decides he wants to play house. That would totally traumatize her. I would question his motivation. Why all of a sudden now does he want her? Family pressure maybe?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN