Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

he escaped and went down the road!

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM
  • 0 Replies
Ds was an escape artist today and took off down the road. Dd wanted to ride her bike this morning,but the only place she can ride it is our garage since we live on a slope. Dh took dd (5) sd (9) and ds (2) downstairs to the garage while I cleaned up from breakfast and rested (we had a baby 3 weeks ago). The next thing I know, both dd and sd are asking me if ds came upstairs because dh couldn't find him. Here I am panicking making sure he didn't come in since the girls said that he had. By the time I get downstairs dh is walking up the drive way with ds. What happened? He took off down the drive way and walked down the road. This is a regularly traveled road. Thank god someone stopped and grabbed him before nothing happened. They had 911 on the phone when dh found ds. Nothing like this has ever happened before. I know it was a mistake and could have just as easily happened with me, but I don't think dh was paying enough attention. I would just about guarantee that dh was on his phone, like always and just not paying enough attention. I know kids can find a way to escape a room without doors or windows, but I'm still just so stressed and scared from what could have happened..and dh is just going on like it didn't happen. Now instead of feeling like I can relax, or really need to, I feel like a constant need to hover over dh and the kids and make sure he's actually paying attention...or like I can't go out without taking our two youngest with me because what could happen the next dh doesn't pay enough attention. Please no bashing. I feel horrible enough because I wasn't down there to stop him.
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)