Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little scratches???

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 1 Replies
My son is 16 months old and today I noticed that the back of his head had tiny little scratches on it. He has never had cradle cap but has small patches of eczema on his ankles. I'm wondering what this could be! They look like little kitten scratches on the back of his head. His hair has just started to grow (he was bald until about 13 months) so I'm wondering if this has any impact on his scalp itching.
This last 20 days he has been on antibiotics due to a double ear infection. This was his first time with any sickness and his first time on any antibiotic. He was on amoxicillin for the first 10 days and they had to switch him to a stronger antibiotic. Could this be a late reaction to the stronger antibiotic?
Thanks in advance!
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kss12
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Buml

Quoting kss12:

My son is 16 months old and today I noticed that the back of his head had tiny little scratches on it. He has never had cradle cap but has small patches of eczema on his ankles. I'm wondering what this could be! They look like little kitten scratches on the back of his head. His hair has just started to grow (he was bald until about 13 months) so I'm wondering if this has any impact on his scalp itching.

This last 20 days he has been on antibiotics due to a double ear infection. This was his first time with any sickness and his first time on any antibiotic. He was on amoxicillin for the first 10 days and they had to switch him to a stronger antibiotic. Could this be a late reaction to the stronger antibiotic?

Thanks in advance!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)