Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

Dentist time!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
Wow I haven't been on here in a while its good to be back ! Ok so my daughter has a dentist appointment in August I'm so nervous I know she's going to be screaming her head off she doesn't like strangers touching her which I can completely understand, she gives the doctors a run for their money I tell you! How did you moms get your little one to relax at the dentist? My daughter is 23months I can try talking to her and telling her what the dentist is and what he will be doing but I don't think that will relax her for to long lol.
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
crystalplus1
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I dont know, ds is 2 and i need to make him one. He hates people messing with him to, lol, I'm pretty sure the only time the dr is going to get to see his teeth is when he screams.

kss12
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
So weird you post this because dh and I were just talking about this the other day. We were told to take ds in when he's 18 months. Is this too young?
As far as calming him down I have no idea. Even at the ped as soon as someone comes in he freaks, clings to me and buried his face in my neck. Lord help us!!
melissanoel
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

My daughter is the same way at the doctor, but I found a great pediatric dentist to take her to. I had been putting off the appointment becasue I was so nervous about how she would react. She went with the staff willingly which completely shocked me. They really knew how to handle toddlers and gave her a toy and a sugar free sucker when they were done. Just do your research and find a good dentist. The one I found is actually a few hours away, but it's not a trip I make often and it's so worth it.  I was so anxious I couldn't sleep for days leading up to her appointment, and then the dentist and staff were so nice they completely put her at ease. She just turned three, but was 2 1/2 when I took her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)