Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

TODDLER HEAD BANGER--NEED ADVICE

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM
  • 3 Replies

Anybody have a toddler who bang their head during a tantrum? When mine doesnt get what she wants, goes where she wants or doesnt want to go somewhere, she will start hitting her head, running into things purposely or banging her head on the floor.  She cannot wear a helmet everywhere she goes much less continue behaving this way.  Timeouts do not work and I do not spank and really giving in is the only thing that stops it but I HATE to give into a tantrum.  She can use words to express herself, etc., its just that she is not getting what she wants.

I just dont know what to do to get her to stop.  Advice??

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
melissa7283
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM
When it happens ignore it. If u think im wrong or mean ask pediatrician. He or she will only repeat what i just told u. So try it keep on ignoring it toddler will stop doing it eventually. If u give no attention to things u dnt want em to do theyll stop. if u give attn theyll keep on doing it for that attention being given. With that said;goodluck mommie!
Wish2Be
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM

My son is almost 4 and still kinda rams us with his head when he doesnt know how to react to something....its very light and non aggressive, but its a little disturbing. I think it will lessen as they learn to communicate better.

CafeMom Tickers
crystalplus1
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Let her. She will not do permanent damage, she knows it upsets you so she uses it to get her way. Turn away from her and ignore it completely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN