Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

So, uh...what's up with this...

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 5:06 AM
  • 0 Replies
Sudden and amazing change in sleep patterns in my two weeks from being three yr old????

I was lulled into an apparently false sense of security that when I went to bed , I would be able to sleep all night now. After all, unless, teething or sick as a babe, he slept through the night, he transitioned from crib to bed, no problem. He continued to sleep from bedtime till I woke him up, if he DID wake up earlier , he'd stay in bed and chatter and sing until I got to him. Now? For the past month, he gets out of bed at all hours and basically wanders. He turns on no lights, plays with no toys, does not open his door , ( as he's been strongly reprimanded for that when this first started.

Yet I am up at four in the morning because at TWO, I could hear him quietly talking through the monitor and when I opened his door , he was behind it, wide awake.

He's sporadic on naps ( today was an no nap day), too.
I know he's mad tired as i am, I can hear him yawning laying in the recliner ( in darkness) I'm on the couch.

I can't lay with him either, he... Ya know plays with my hair and hands... Kisses me instead of being still....

Why has this started???? Yeah, don't say "phase" say when it evens back out? :-)

I am an ugly person with the little snippets of sleep I've been getting!

( not giving him Benadryl or melatonin, btw. I don't trust melatonin at all based on my experience with it and his brother... Benadryl is code for sleep aid. The exact same medicine is in zzz quill and unisom and in the same dosage.

He needs to return to his normal sleeping habits without a dose of anything.
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)