Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

New to this group.. Tantrum!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 3 Replies
My son is 18 months, so smart and so so well behaved and has fantastic manners. He has started having tantrums which I know is normal but how do you handle them? For example, he took my phone off the coffee table so I took it from him and said thank you.. He then screamed, his whole body shook and he sat on the floor and just cried. He's done this a handful of times. Obviously I know not to give him what he wants so I wouldn't dare give him the phone to calm him down. Should I pick him up and console him? Should I walk away and ignore him? What do you moms do?
Also- he will not play by myself, he always wants me sitting in the room with him.. Even if I'm not playing with him he still wants me there. Any suggestions on how to break that and have him learn to play on his own? Not sure that this matters regarding these two questions but I am a stay at home mom.
Thanks in advance!
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ACC1984
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM
My 15 month old DD is the same way. It's hard to clean or even go pee Bc she screams like she is being tortured the whole time! I haven't figured out how to handle either...so here's a BUMP!
kss12
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Oh my gosh.. I've given up on going to the bathroom alone all together, as well as showers. He's my sidekick and goes everywhere with me, no matter where! He just follows! Thanks for the bump!!

Quoting ACC1984:

My 15 month old DD is the same way. It's hard to clean or even go pee Bc she screams like she is being tortured the whole time! I haven't figured out how to handle either...so here's a BUMP!

crystalplus1
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I walk away. Every now and then he will calm down and follow me and when he finds me he will trow himself on the floor and start crying again. He will stop. lol, it will seem like forever. Try to distract him and if that will not work walk away.

Hes 2 now, and when he starts he gets a warning to use his words. If he continues the fit hes put in his room until he can calm down enough to talk or show me what he wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN