Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not eating meat?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

Any tricks on getting a 2 year old to eat meat? right now his protein is from peanut butter, hes down to 1 cup of milk if im lucky, Will not eat red meat for anything, no eggs no chicken no beans. every now and then he will eat a bite but that it. Kinda worried its gonna mess up his growth. Anything else i could try him with?

by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Wish2Be
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine hates meat too... my son started disliking meat at age two. He will be four this month and still hates meat...except for fish sticks.

He also is alergic to peanuts and hates all beans...

his protien is from Almond Milk and greek yogurt... they also provide high levels of iron :)

Rachelz123
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM
The only meat my DD (2.5) will eat is chicken nuggets. I try to buy the healthiest ones I can find. Other than that she gets her protein from peanut butter, nuts, cheese and Greek yogurt.
akm378mn
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM

low-fat cheese?  My 2 year old like string cheese or just shredded cheese - it's messy because he drops half of it, but he likes it. 

CmC1307
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:01 AM

cheese has protein in it too although too much will constipate him so be aware of that. Keep offering it now matter what. ooo and try dipping sauces my daugther stopped eating chicken until we offered a little ketchup or bbq sauce to go with it and now she gobbles it up :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)