Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tantrums....Please help me

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 3 Replies

Need help my son is throwing tantrum after tantrum. Ignoring them isnt working anymore. He screams at the top of his lungs, throws things, throws himself on the floor. His dr doesnt believe that he is behind or anything, everyone thinks he is just bored but there isnt much more I can do with him. He walks away from playing with someone. He hits my nephew who hits back. It is just....I cant keep ignoring these signs anymore. Please I need help I am at my end of my patience

He doesnt care if you tell him no, if you tap his hands or bottom, if you pick him up away from whatever you dont like him doing and he waits 5 minutes and goes back.

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JRSMOM0621
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Please help... Bump

tardiskitty
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
My MIL gave me one piece of advice that was actually useful. When my daughter started to throw a tantrum I would put her in a big bear hug and lie down so she couldn't flail about. It took about 10 mins the first time, 5 mins the second and after that all it took was the threat of it.I wouldn't talk or acknowledge her until she calmed down, just held her tightly. She struggles like hell the first time, quite a workout really. She only ever had those two tantrums in her life and she's 9 now.
JRSMOM0621
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:49 PM

hmmm I will have to try that. I am at a complete loss as to what to do with him. And with this new one coming in March I am afraid that these tantrums will only get worse.

Quoting tardiskitty:

My MIL gave me one piece of advice that was actually useful. When my daughter started to throw a tantrum I would put her in a big bear hug and lie down so she couldn't flail about. It took about 10 mins the first time, 5 mins the second and after that all it took was the threat of it.I wouldn't talk or acknowledge her until she calmed down, just held her tightly. She struggles like hell the first time, quite a workout really. She only ever had those two tantrums in her life and she's 9 now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)