Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

Is your nearly 4 yr old still napping?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

??

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hoffland87
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:15 PM
No
OliviasMommy614
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:42 AM

I think it honestly depends on the child, my 6yo dd still needs a nap most days. She usually takes a nap around 330-4 for 45 mins, still goes to bed by 10. I would like to have her not nap and go to bed earlier but I find that she is a lot happier of a child but also if I try to not let her nap she is ornery (sp) and cranky and more likely to snap about little things and she has a harder time falling asleep at night.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:45 AM

Quoting OliviasMommy614:

I think it honestly depends on the child, my 6yo dd still needs a nap most days. She usually takes a nap around 330-4 for 45 mins, still goes to bed by 10. I would like to have her not nap and go to bed earlier but I find that she is a lot happier of a child but also if I try to not let her nap she is ornery (sp) and cranky and more likely to snap about little things and she has a harder time falling asleep at night.

yeah mine is 6 and she gets a bit snappy if she doesnt nap, but I let her decide if she wants to nap unless it was an exceptionally busy day and generally it is only for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes but she is generally in bed by 845pm at the latest but is usually awake by 6am.  What time does your wake up if she goes to bed at 10pm?  What time does she have to be at school?

Mrs.Bolin
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:53 AM

yes she napped at that time alot. She doesn't now that she is 5.5 and in kindergarten. Some kids need to rest and recharge

OliviasMommy614
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting OliviasMommy614:

yeah mine is 6 and she gets a bit snappy if she doesnt nap, but I let her decide if she wants to nap unless it was an exceptionally busy day and generally it is only for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes but she is generally in bed by 845pm at the latest but is usually awake by 6am.  What time does your wake up if she goes to bed at 10pm?  What time does she have to be at school?

Sorry dont have the chance to come on much. We do cyber school so her first class starts at 9, she typically wakes up at 830. Ideally I try to get her to bed alot earlier but her and my middle lo who is 3 share a room and this poses a problem for easy bedtime on time. Still working on it, hoping the summer well be able to get a good bedtime routine down for them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN