Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

Just laying around

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM
  • 4 Replies
My 2 y/o son ran a 101-103 fever Monday. Tuesday, he would not eat or drink and laid around so I took him to the Dr and he said it was viral. Well, since then he's just laid around. He's eating & drinking a little but he is not my rambunctious 2 year old. Has anyone had this happen before? If it is viral how long will it last?
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

He didint prescribe amoxicillin??  yeah nothing major to do just let it run its course and dont let the fever get too high.  A fever is the bodies way to kill the virus so stopping the fever allows the virus to last longer, just dont let it get too high.

crystalplus1
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Amoxicillin is for bacterial infections, Not viral, and tanking an antibiotic every time your sick is bad.

OP, My ds was almost 1 and had a fever of 102-103 for 5 days, he had roseola. just keep an eye on your son and make sure he is drinking, even if he is not eating drinking is a good thing. And lots of cuddles and favorite shows and movies.

Quoting MixedCooke:

He didint prescribe amoxicillin??  yeah nothing major to do just let it run its course and dont let the fever get too high.  A fever is the bodies way to kill the virus so stopping the fever allows the virus to last longer, just dont let it get too high.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Oh definitely, I'm totally against doctors aka drug pushers prescribing something for every little cough and sneeze. What is roseola??

Quoting crystalplus1:

Amoxicillin is for bacterial infections, Not viral, and tanking an antibiotic every time your sick is bad.

OP, My ds was almost 1 and had a fever of 102-103 for 5 days, he had roseola. just keep an eye on your son and make sure he is drinking, even if he is not eating drinking is a good thing. And lots of cuddles and favorite shows and movies.

Quoting MixedCooke:

crystalplus1
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Its a Viral illness, After the fever break they get a mean looking rash, the rash is not itchy or anything, just bad looking

Quoting MixedCooke: Oh definitely, I'm totally against doctors aka drug pushers prescribing something for every little cough and sneeze. What is roseola??
Quoting crystalplus1:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN