Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

Flying with a 2 year old..

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am new on here! So first off- HI! I would love to get to know all of you and connect with you ladies :)

I am flying to Lake Tahoe in Sept. and then to Mexico in December. My daughter was born on Oct. 2nd, 2012 so she will be almost 2 when we go to Tahoe, and a little over 2 when we go to Mexico. I would really appreciate any advice you can give me on flying with a toddler. She is VERY VERY active. Like she wont sit still.. ever. haha I am so nervous she is going to throw a tantrum on the plane because I wont let her run around the plane!!

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GodsAmiga
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I would recommend bringing her car seat on the plane. Sometimes being buckled up like in the car will make them less apt to think they can run around on the plane. Bring snacks and activities like crayons and paper, little people or paper dolls, books to read to her and for her to look at, etc. I have flown on 12 hour flights to Japan (once with an almost 2 year old and a 3 year old and twice with a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 3 month old). The car seat truly helped a ton with little ones! We will be flying 12 hours again when our youngest is almost 2 and that is the one thing I am insisting on. I have to have that car seat to keep him buckled in or he is going to want to be all over the place. Lol! 

kss12
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Just flew with my 2 year old from FL to Germany. 16 hours of travel door to door (including lay overs, etc). I took the car seat on the plane so he knew it was like a car so he had to sit in his car seat. I took an iPad (which he barely used), a TON of snacks, magnetic games (you can find them at Marshall's for like $6) and some drawing game (was a book attached to magnetic drawing thing for $3), a bunch of flip open books, etc. Take an umbrella stroller that you can check at the gate. Painters tape and a slinkee kept him occupied for about 3 hours - seriously! It was actually easy to fly with him and I would do it again and again! Good luck!
Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Bring some books to read, coloring books, stuff to draw, a Dvd player if you have one, some small toys. How about a kids camera to take pictures looking out the window and of you guys? Snacks if it's allowed? Putting her at the window seat would be great! Good luck and enjoy your vacations!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN