Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about Toddlers All about Toddlers

Getting my daughter to sleep in her bed?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:47 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hey all, I have an almost 2 year old daughter. From birth she has slept in her own crib except occasionally when she wasn't feeling well and  I'd let her sleep with me. Well about a month ago I turned her crib into a toddler bed and she hadn't had any problems with it at all. Well the last week or so she will sleep for a few hours then wake up, screaming and crying wanting out of her room to the point she will throw up. The only thing that settles her down is letting her sleep with my husband and I. We don't mind her sleeping with us sometimes but she's really making a habit out of this and I'm stuck on what to do. I've tried just letting her cry it out, but she literally threw up twice in a row, and I feel so bad that I usually give in because I don't want her throwing up anymore.

What I have been doing is letting her fall asleep in our bed then I'll move her to her bed. Unfortunately, if she wakes up, she starts screaming and crying, and possibly throwing up again.

Anyone have any tips or advice?

Thanks in advance!

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 1:20 AM

who soothes her more--you or hubby?  I gave mine my sleep shirt so she had Mommy scent for comfort, so maybe her Daddy's shirt will work for her.  I also have a fan on for white noise, have soft classical lullaby music on a timer (15 minutes) and also give her a full body massage before nap and bedtime with lavender scented to finish on her face and chest. 

TaylorShade
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM
My 2 year old did the same thing! Totally fine the first couple weeks , now he will turn his light on and lay by his door all night!
What I do is be stern with him. I tell him if he doesnt sleep like a big boy he doesnt get to do big boy things, and he has to sleep in his baby bed and has to do baby things. That works sometimes, but i got him a cool night light, and play music for him, and lay next to him and rub his back; he sleeps all night!
You just have to try different things! Good luck!(:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)