Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping problems & ADD

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 4:29 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 199 Total Views

My 14 yr old daughter has ADD & has always had problems going to sleep.  She also has had problems with borderline asthma & croup.  I recently read an article, by Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld, in the Parade magazine part of the Sunday paper that was about breathing problems, having tonsils removed & ADHD.  Does anyone have any info about sleeping problems & ADHD?  I've looked at some on the internet, but most of it has been about sleep problems being a side effect of ADHD medication.  My daughter has always had sleeping problems.  When she was old enough to talk, she would tell me she didn't know how to relax or go to sleep.

by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
fireandice
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 6:57 AM
I went to a web site for sleeping problems with adhd and I found a few web sites on wieghted blankets.There quite expensive though.If your intrested just google weighted blankets. I could not say if they work or not ...I don't own one yet.
3anglzforme
by on Apr. 16, 2007 at 12:50 PM
My daughter has ADHD (primarily inattentive type) and she has a hard time either falling asleep or staying asleep.  Her med doctor has prescribed something to help her sleep, but I try very very hard to not to give it to her unless I know she wont sleep otherwise.  Or if she had several sleepless nights.  Her doctor did recommend a supplement, Melatonin.  Our daughter took it for about maybe 2 weeks, and I noticed she was getting more aggressive.  And moody.  I stopped the supplement and she seems better.  I am not sure if it was the supplement or not.  But I wont give it to her again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)