Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kate's Parents

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:26 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 560 Total Views

I've been enjoying this show off and on over the past year - can anyone give me some insight as to the situation with Kate's parents - I know they are not involved by choice, just wondering if there is more detail??

Thanks and glad to be here.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RyandDevsMOM
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I heard in an interview once by Jon that Kates parents were not willing to be full time grand parents not only to her kids but her other siblings kids as well. And as for Jons parents they just don't want to be filmed.

pagirl71
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:12 PM

JOn's dad passed away. And I guess her dad is a minister and chose not to be on tv.

Mary484
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:41 PM

From what's been said about where the new house is (the town her parents live in), I wonder if they've decided to be more involved with eachother.

jengirlsx3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Someone on this board posted an interview with Jon in Utah.  He explicitly addressed the grandparent issue.  You should watch it.  He says Kates parents have 19 grandchildren and they aren't involved with any of them. His mom is remarried and chooses not to be on camera and talks with her all the time, same with his brothers.

AmaliaD
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM

i understand not wanting to be on tv, but not being involved with all 19 of your grandkids is just sad........... my parents arent too involved so iguess it is normal now for grandparents to be selfish and into their own lives more than the past generation (speaking about MY parents when i say selfish....)

mamaholly1
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:05 AM

http://www.kutv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=77940@kutv.dayport.com&navCatId=62

this is a great interview (from the horse's mouth) with Jon in Utah over a snowboarding holiday at the begininng of January.....

It is VERY lengthy, and Jon lets us in on some "family secrets" during the interview

Kate and her parents really don't see much of each other because HER parents ARE NOT involved in their lives (they have 19 grandchildren and don't see ANY OF THEM-per Jon)

The Gosselins are proud owners of 2 dogs

Kate is writing a THIRD book

Jon is a Stay At Home Dad

(photo from www.TLC.com)
Do YOU love the Gosselins?
Then Join Me at Gosselin Fans  AND
Jon and Kate Plus 8 Fans on CafeMom

AFrugalFriend
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:11 PM

There's just something about this generation of grandparents I'm afraid.  Not like the ones I grew up with...... I was so close to all 4.

Like Jon, I lost a parent, my mom,  ( before I had my little girl)......and that changes family dynamics too.  I think we can just learn to be thankful for what we do have ...even if a grandparent is seemingly more interested in their own life and learn from it.  I know that if I am blessed to have grandchildren, I will model after my own grandparents.  I grew up calling my grandparents each week no matter what.   A tradition I carried into adulthood. 

Hopefully one day, Jon and Kate will have more active grandparents in their kids lives.  One can hope and pray.

http://afrugalfriend.blogspot.com

jengirlsx3
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:47 PM

My husbands parents are like that.  To the point that last time we went to their house, my 4 yr old kept calling her grandma by her piano teachers name.  My husband didn't even correct her.  He said it's his moms own fault.  it's sad for them, but because of their liberal views, I see it as a blessing that my kids aren't exposed to them.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Ephesians 4:29 NIV       

Chasamassa
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Hey I saw your siggie, how did you find out they now own two dogs? And I didnt know Jon was a stay at home dad, I thought he worked from home with Kates brother or something???

Quoting mamaholly1:

http://www.kutv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=77940@kutv.dayport.com&navCatId=62

this is a great interview (from the horse's mouth) with Jon in Utah over a snowboarding holiday at the begininng of January.....

It is VERY lengthy, and Jon lets us in on some "family secrets" during the interview

Kate and her parents really don't see much of each other because HER parents ARE NOT involved in their lives (they have 19 grandchildren and don't see ANY OF THEM-per Jon)

Chasamassa
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Oh wait...now I know how you know, I just watched all the interviews...lol. I loved those interviews and how down to earth Jon is :)

Quoting Chasamassa:

Hey I saw your siggie, how did you find out they now own two dogs? And I didnt know Jon was a stay at home dad, I thought he worked from home with Kates brother or something???

Quoting mamaholly1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)