Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(piog) Octuplets born in Cali i wonder what Kate would say?!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 522 Total Views

Have you heard! i think kate would lose her mind if she has two more all the same age lol! if your curious check out CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/27/octuplets.update/index.html#cnnSTCText

baby

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2andi
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:24 PM

WOW!!!

sgilbert211
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I said WOW to until an article was recently published stating this women has 6 others kids and all 14 kids were conceived using IVF. She is not married (I am ALL for single moms) but she has no help and is on welfare. Her mom states that her daughter likes "collecting" kids. I will try and find the article. I now find the whole situation sickening. Isn't IVF expensive?  

SAHM of 2 formula fed, fully vaxed,

non co-sleeping, PERFECT kids!

jazzpink1974
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 9:34 PM

IVF is very high priced. Any where from 18,000 all the way up depending on what your needs are. The whole situation is Very sad for all the kids. How can one person take care of all the kids????? Very sad!!!!!!

Quoting sgilbert211:

I said WOW to until an article was recently published stating this women has 6 others kids and all 14 kids were conceived using IVF. She is not married (I am ALL for single moms) but she has no help and is on welfare. Her mom states that her daughter likes "collecting" kids. I will try and find the article. I now find the whole situation sickening. Isn't IVF expensive?  

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 11:09 PM

This entire story has so many questions that I won't voice at this time, but I am wondering what the doctor(s) were thinking? Did they not know about the other 6 kids?

jackieb2811
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Did they say she was on welfare? I read several articals an it did not say she was. I am not one to doubt any mothers ability to raise any number of kids its what she wanted I just dont know how she does it! I know she has her parents help an all but still its gotta be crazy! I would think it would be hard to give each the attention they need bc the mom just wants to keep having kids! I say god bless her an none of us REALLY no how she cares for them so we shouldnt judge!

Quoting sgilbert211:

danarae1976
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 11:56 PM

From the various news articles I read, the mom has a degree so I assume that she's working some where. 

But she said she got paid to do the IVF.    And she's expecting a multi million dollar deal to do talk show both on TV and radio.

I am not sure what Kate would have to say about it.   She might offer some advice and suggestions but in the back of her mind Kate might have some no so nice things to say.

farmerswifekel
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I was wondering the same thing. What Kates opinion on this storey would be. Im sure Kate has heard about it by now too.

Sincerely,Kel

akrathwohl14
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 1:54 AM

What I read it said she doesn't work at all, and no degree.  She lives with her parents and her parents support her and the children.  Her dad even works as a translator or a driver in Iraq to make the extra money and he is leaving again in a month or so.  Crazy!

Happy2929
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Kate was on the Early Show Friday and they talked to her about the Octuplets and all she could say was "WOW" like 3 times in a row. She said she couldn't imagine having 14 kids, 8 was overwhelming enough at times.  

pagirl71
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM

the news last night says she's divorce (but these are not her husband's kids) and while she has a degree she hasn't worked since 2002. The more that comes out the madder it makes me. I have also heard she wants Oprah to pay her 2 million so she can start her own tv show on child rearing and that the fertility clinic paid her to do this. Who knows I don't believe everything I read but I'm sure when the truth comes out it's not going to be pretty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)