Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We got horses!!!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2010 at 9:31 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 135 Total Views

We curently have two horses with a possibility of 3 more coming. For now we have Blizzard, and Apendix, Apalusa, Arabian mix. He looks like an apendix with a white back. He's very pretty, but has an ankle injury wich prevents him currently from being riddden(the vet believes it may hel well enough in the future) but for now, he belongs to our 3 yr old son, he's a lead horse.

We also have Bones. He is the youngest horse and has the same father as Blizzard, but he is just an apendix. He's sorrell and he got his name because of how small he was when he came, but he is really bulking up nicely! I'm going to try to download some pics of them. Bones will belong to either Hannah or Domonick after Feb 11th, they are earning him via a behaveral chart to see who gets him. He's not yet broke, but lets kids sit on him and lay on him bare back ... still a lot of work with him!

Anyone else have horses??? Share your pics if you do, I'd love to see them. You get such a ... I don't even know the word to discribe it ... but you have so much more respect and apreciation for horses once you have them! It is so amazing! They are such beautiful animals on the inside. I think is often over looked by their outter beauty.

The horse closest to the front is Bones, he was curious about what I had,lol. Then you see Blizzard in the center of the picture and the black and white horse behind Blizzard is gone now, his name is Buddy and the pretty Sorrell in the way back ... my sweetie, His name is Eby, but he is gone now too :(

Neither Bones or Blizzard have tails or manes, the came from a pasture with a mane munching horse, a fairly comon thing with some horses. but they will grow out now that he/she's not with them any more. Those are our pretty horses!!!

Julie Jo

by on Jan. 12, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jolene6
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Thanks for sharing your pics! i grew up with horses but I can't have any, where i live right now. it's so frustrating but i still get to ride with my mother and grandmother on their horses. I'm very thankful that i have that option. your right, horses are beautiful inside and out.  :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)