Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making Your Own Wall Art - Fun & Saves Money

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2008 at 5:18 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 85 Total Views

(this is another one that might be OT, not sure, feel free to delete)

My son's room is decorated with a train theme.

When we were looking at wall hangins of trains everything was SO- expensive.

So I decided to get crafty.

I bought some square frames from the dollar store and repurposed the pictures out of a thomas the train stickers/coloring/activity book and for the matting used scrap-booking paper I already had. I liked using the scapbook paper designs that were different designs, but identicle color schemes. I thought it gave them a unique look each, but still kept them conected by having the same colors present in each matting. Other then that all I used was just sissors and glue.

So basically the only immediate out of pocket expense was just the $1 a peice for the frames. So a total of $5 which was so much cheaper then buying them it isn't even funny (I am still shocked at how much they cost retail, $20+ for a tiny generic picture, not even thomas and frame!)

We have the three in gold frames each on their own wall in his room, and the two silver ones in his bathroom (his tub is done in thomas also, with a little cushy thomas train that goes over the faucet so he doesn't bump his head on the hard medal)

Here's the pics I took of them right after I did them, I don't have any of them up yet.

the krinkle/weird look in the pictures is my reflection in the glass ;-)
by on Nov. 21, 2008 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)