Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your children call your butch GF? PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

I have a friend who does not want to be called mom. She is butch.  But she is basically raising the kid with her GF.  Any suggestions? 

by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
happygolatte
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Hey there... I understand your question. I think many people feel confused about what to call people when they are in certain roles in their lives. I guess I think their are many families with step-parents- and foster- parents...adopted parents and I have noticed that many of these kids call the person who is co-parenting by their name and not by the role they play in the family. It's interesting and I guess I think it's reasonable to leave it up to the family to decide. I am sure their are other families who call their two mom's mommy etc. I don't think there is a set standard of what is appropriate so i would just support your friends in what they feel comfortable with even though you might make a different choice if you were in their shoes.

JustMeNGabe
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2009 at 4:35 AM

Thank you she was mainly looking for suggestions I got a few and passed them on.  to me a kid will decide but this child is so little she wanted that special name to be started :)

Texan1993
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2010 at 2:06 AM

by her name

Dragons_pixie
by Group Admin on Mar. 3, 2010 at 7:10 PM

by her name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)