Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introductions please!!...

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 10:57 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 313 Total Views
Tell us about yourself and whats going on with your kids and their chores...Cant get them to do them...they do them no problem (whats your secret??) Let us know.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aguadientegal
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Hello,  I have an 11 year old daughter and she's been helping with little things since she was very young.  It all started when she was maybe 4 years old.  My husband and I made it fun for her.  We used to all sing that Barney song, "Clean up, clean up everybody clean up, clean up clean up everybody do their share."  It actually worked when she needed to clean her room up with her toys.  Gradually, it went to putting your own dish in the sink, then separating laundry, setting the table, then she had her own bathroom in Texas.  She would clean her own sink, sweep and mop the floor, which the swifter is great especially when kids are involved, and taking out her own bathroom trash.  Now that she's 11 years old, she has her own laundry she takes care of, folds it, puts it away, and vacuums and dusts the living room.  She does get an allowance but we have a set schedule when we get it done.  We play the radio and dance and goof around when cleaning.  It makes it fun and go fast.  Yes, she has her moments where she will complain but she still gets it done.
kahala
by on May. 21, 2007 at 1:40 AM
My name is nicole and my sons name is devin, he is 4. We reside in san jose, ca. His speech is delayed and he goes to a speech therapy preschool for it. He has the talking capacity/communication skills of a 3yr old, but is improving day by day. My son two-thirds of the time cleans up when he's told. The other 1/3 i get so frustrated or he fell asleep i end up doing it myself. he doesnt really have chores. I was shocked one day when my friend told me that her 4yr old makes his own bed! Help! I know he's only 4, most chores he cant do yet, but some he can. I just dont know where to start. 
Laura1231
by on Feb. 28, 2008 at 9:49 AM
Hello!  My name is Laura and I am proud mom to Samantha (16), Michael (13), and Kathryn (8).  I'm homing one of you know how to get kids to do chores because I don't have a clue!!  I'm really glad to be here!

Blessings,

Laura

IndianaFemme
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2008 at 11:01 PM

single mom of 2, will tell more later

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)